Factory Five Racing Forum banner

Pics of my Coupe on the superspeedway

2K views 23 replies 16 participants last post by  CHOTIS BILL 
#1 ·
I found some pics I never knew existed before today from my National race last year at the Nashville Super Speedway. I thought you might like to check them out to break up the winter doldrums.

Some of my competition. I actually beat the supercharged BMW!

See less See more
#2 ·
Here are some more pics:

The guy I beat:

The guy I did not beat:

#3 ·
Looks like you are getting the most out of your car Mike. Nice work setting up to perform like you wanted it. Enjoy!

Marc

#9 ·
Here is this better:

#11 ·
Howdy Mike,

Cool pics!

Paul

#13 ·
Beautiful car - Way to go! Beeeemer Beeeter!

#15 · (Edited)
Thanks guys!

Running the Super Speedway was really cool yet very intimidating. It is the 1st place I have run where hitting a wall or tire barrier was a possibility. We also had to transition for asphalt to concrete and from flat to high bank. I was suprised that the transition to the banking was not as bad as I thought it would be. They did their best to limit speeds and lines for safety, but one unlucky S2000 owner got sideways and nosed into the wall very hard on the back straight (he hit the Lucas sign behind my car in pic #2). I had to run after seeing that incident and probably only drove at about the 80% level.

It really was alot of fun though. We were the last racing event to ever be run the track before they shut it down so it was a real honor to run there.

#18 ·
Paul that would be awesome! Two coupes running an event would be a rare site.

#17 ·
Mike,

Thanks for the cool pics. Always glad to see a coupe owner running on a racetrack! Keep up the fun ...

Garry

#19 ·
That is pretty cool Mike! What kind of speeds did you see?

That transition from the bank to the flat is kinda scary isn't it? Texas World speedway has a similar set up and coming into that transition at 120mph the first time was a bit hair raising. Daytona is similar as well, but the transition is much smoother.

JC

#20 ·
Damn shame they closed that track doown. Bueàtiful facilty just sitting there.

#21 ·
Sure was! It looked like it had just been built.

JC it was an SCCA event so they kept the speeds between 70-80 for the faster cars and below 70 for most.

#23 ·
This was at Nashville Super Speedway. 70 mph is the target for most cars but many faster cars will see upwards to 80 mph. I hit the limiter right at 69 mph and routinely stand on the limiter for a few cycles into the braking zone. There are cars much faster than me so I know they are well over 70.

One of our E-mod guys can see high 80's on some tracks but he is running over 600hp in a 2300 lb car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.