Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
2,860 Posts
I only saw 2 pictures. :(

They look great...gotta love the 'cig' in the mouth of the corner worker! :D

[ September 29, 2007, 08:56 AM: Message edited by: Mumblerone ]

·
6,559 Posts
I just finished a few laps there in a Porsche GT3. Well... it was Gran Turismo. :D

·
Charter Member
858 Posts
Awesome! the Nürburgring! I would love to the run it with my car (I don't see that happening). Super cool Congrats!

More pictures please!

Prost,
Rich

·
FFR Craftsman
5,834 Posts
Stephan:
The Daytona Coupe looks very authentic. Could of fooled me for the real thing!

And the polished Cobra... guessing it's a Kirkham but it was sporting California, USA plate in the back... by any chance did you get a name of that person? I know of only one in CA so far but that one had brushed alum. done for the stripes and the picture you took didn't have any stripes of any type.

·
section 8
5,136 Posts
Very cool !! Bob

·
Junior Charter Member
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
289FIA_COBRA :
The polished aluminium Cobra is a Kirkham. It's a friend of mine and makes the import for Kirkhams here in europe. He only mounted the plates on that car for authentic look, I think.

As I know, the daytona-coupe is a superformance car. -> The Superformance cars ( Coupe & Cobra ) are very very fast on the track ! I had to drive very hard to hold them...didn' thought that these cars are that fast !

Stephan

·
FFR Craftsman
5,834 Posts
Stephan: the reason you're having a hard time keeping up with the Daytona's is because they were "designed" from the ground-up, to go 200mph on the Musalllane Straight at LeMan's, against the Ferrari's. Aerodynamics is what keeps the Cobra's from going very fast.

·
Junior Charter Member
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
But the Superformance Cobras were very fast too. Not only on the straight. In the corners, the cars work very fine too ! I had to brake very late to go their speed...

·
Arruminum
3,691 Posts
Stephan,

Do you know if Fritz' car is a leaf spring car or a hybrid with coil springs?

·
Junior Charter Member
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Joe,
as I know, Fritz's car is a leaf spring car, but I'm not sure. Do you know Fritz ?

Stephan

·
7,097 Posts
Stephan,
Thanks for sharing those pics! I had no idea Cobra's were so popular in Germany. I guess we tend to think of the great american muscle cars as only being in America. More of our channeled thinking I guess.
Looks like an awesome time!

·
Premium Member
3,804 Posts
Stephan, the past 2 summers I spent a week crusing around Germany on a Harley. I couldn't make it this summer because of building the GTM. Let me know as soon as possible if there is a similar event next summer and maybe either I can cruise up on the Harley, or better yet maybe ship my GTM over.

·
Junior Charter Member
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Mike,
yes, during the last years, the numbers of Cobras is getting more and more. Especially the Kits from england (DAX) are built here in germany. On this event on the Nürburgring there were about 30 - 40 Cobras, beginning from FFR, Kirkham, RAM, DAX, CN, AC, Superformance.....

Fact5Racer :
Next year, there will be 2 big events for historic cars here in germany. First is in April on the Hockenheimring and 2nd is again in september on the Nürburgring. Those events are awsome. Another great Oldtimer-event on the Nürburgring ist the 'Oldtimer-Grandprix'. This is the biggest event of europe, but there is no chance to drive with his own car..
If you ever will be here in germany, just let me know, OK ?

Stephan

·
4,494 Posts
Stephan: Looks like you had a great time, wish I could have been there.

Bill

·
Junior Charter Member
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Biil, you should have stay here longer and come with me to that event....!

Stephan

·
Premium Member
3,804 Posts
Problem is that the GTM would not be considered Historic. I wonder if my 1997 Champ car would be considered historic? That would be a blast taking that over for that!

·
Junior Charter Member
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Fact5racer : come over with your cobra and we'll have some fast turns on the track :) That's funny !

1 - 20 of 25 Posts