Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heading up North to pick up an unassembled Mark II on Sunday. I have a crew cab long bed F250. Would a single axle trailer (for the body and frame) and the bed of my truck (all boxes) be enough to bring the car home? I could also put some smaller boxes in the back seat if need be.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
I picked my kit up at FFR with a snowmobile trailer pulled by an Explorer. Most of the boxes fit in the back of the Explorer.

I'm told that the body/chassis unit only weighs about 600 lb.

Charlie

·
2,372 Posts
A gated Trailer size minimum should be 7x14' to fit the frame and body,boxes can go in the back of the truck. I picked mine up with this sized trailer and then moved it again(as a go cart) on this trailer. A single axle is fine for the weight. Just check your dimensions and hook ups for holding straps. Make sure everything(hood) is taped down and secure.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys! This trip should be a bit more exciting than the drive I did down to TN to pick up my POS wrecked donor (must say it did donate its organs admirably).

·
Senior Charter Member
594 Posts
Ditto on the tie downs.

·
Senior Charter Member
190 Posts
Minimum 14' x 6' trailer.

Steve

·
Supermoderator
12,393 Posts
You can get by just fine with a 10' trailer if the car can hang off the front and rear a foot or two. Bring two junk, unmounted tires to put the frame on. Squash them when you tie it down and it won't loosen up or bounce. All the boxes will fit in the bed of the truck.

·
Registered
7,823 Posts
The chassis and body are pretty light, as the other guys have said almost any trailer will work.
I am thinking of getting a 4x8 like above just for the kit and body, then renting when I need to trailer the complete car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts