Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Landmark day today. I picked up the first parts for my build today! I got front lower control arms, spindles/hub, rotors, calipers, brake lines as an assembly, left and right, for $200. I also picked up a GT steering rack/lines for $75. Seemed like fair prices to me. Let the cleaning begin.

·
4,318 Posts
The fun begins. I have been doing the donor yard donor build. shop around. we have a placed called pic n pull. they have 1/2 off sales. if you know what youwant and they have the sale, you can get some good deals. I also frequent a yard away from the city. Layedback "whatell ya give me furit"
Get a wagon full for $50.
Good luck

·
Junior Charter Member
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Probably could have done better at a pic-n-pull type place. But these guys pulled the parts off the car for me, put cardboard down in my trunk and loaded them in the car for me. All i did was flip through some magazines at the parts counter. And they are 10 minutes from my house which helps alot.

·
Junior Charter Member
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BTW, these guys are a mustang used parts place. Good people and have been around for a while. They were mostly a 65-73 mustang parts/resoration place until about a year ago. Now they mostly deal in 87-present mustang parts. They do ship daily and the phone never stopped ringing while i was there. Give them a call if you need some donor stuff.

www.prestigemustang.com

They also had 2 explorer V8s they just pulled. Didn't ask the price.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Brian,
I've been there a few times myself. There a bit pricey at times but good folks to deal with if you have time to wait or drop a list off and come back later.

By the way I'm about to fire mine up for the first time as soon as my MSD box gets back from the manufacturer (never worked). You'll have to come by. A few of the local guys have been by to check things out.

Almost cartin'...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts