Factory Five Racing Forum banner
181 - 200 of 232 Posts

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #181 ·
Hi W,

Here's a larger image for viewing............................

·
Registered
148 Posts
A fun picture from Hot Rod Drag Week '13

With the Ford logos in the background and the US Nationals banner still up from the week before, I just had to share this picture. Thanks to Michael Kaser for sending it to me! :checkeredflag:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #183 · (Edited)
#007 as a "Cover Girl!"

This summer I took several friends around Road America's 4 mile, 14 turn road course. There was a fellow shooting photos there and stopped by to give me his card if I wanted to order any images.

There were probably 150 to 200 cars on the track that he photographed, but he chose #007 as his "Cover Girl" for the weekend!

(Heading for the Apex of Turn 14, Road America)

http://www.speedgraphicscompany.com/Road_America_Hawk_2013_Touring.html
Saturday B = #6762
Sunday A = #1778, 1779, 1780, and 1781

Here's a great article with excellent photos of the Hawk Vintage Race at Road America this summer:
http://www.sportscardigest.com/hawk-at-road-america-2013-report-and-photos/

Best regards, Tom

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #184 · (Edited)
Fall Drive through the Kettle Moraine of Wisconsin

#007 seems to really like the Fall weather with its new FFR/RodTops canvas.

The Kettle Moraine Scenic Drive with Fall colors is spectacular if you're looking for a Road Trip. The Drive is a 115-mile ramble through the riot of oak, maple and aspen fall color in the 50,000 acres of the southern and northern units of the Kettle Moraine State Forests. I've highlighted the "Northern Kettle Moraine" route below. This area was created by the mile thick glacier and all the earth and stone it carried with it as it advanced over Wisconsin.

The scenic fall drive traverses six Wisconsin counties; from Whitewater Lake in Walworth County north to Elkhart Lake in Sheboygan County. The forests include much of the terminal moraine (where the last great glacier stopped 12,000 years ago) in south-central Wisconsin. There are many places to picnic, hike, camp, bike, swim and fish during your fall foliage road trip.

Marked by distinctive green and white “Acorn” signs, the scenic fall drive ends near Greenbush and the Wade House – an 1844 stagecoach inn operated by the Wisconsin Historical Society. I've extended the drive a bit further to take you around Crystal Lake, Elkhart Lake and the old Course of Elkhart Lake's 1950s Street Sports Car races. Also, you'll pass right next to Road America - "America's National Park of Speed."

Northern Kettle Route:
https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=...=1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15&t=m&z=10

Southern Kettle Route:
https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=...d=110759237721245200408.00047480dac26b4dc2f29

Best regards, Tom

·
Master Student
1,499 Posts

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #189 ·
Thanks Doug, The followup will be nice for people trying to locate info on that car.

Best regards, Tom

·
Senior Charter Member
798 Posts
Nobody has posted here in a while so I thought I would put up a photo of my ride from a show this past weekend.

·
Registered
947 Posts
dagall - Hi David, sorry I don't know how I missed the fact that you were actually on the road. :rolleyes:

So belated congratulations, your car looks great and "as hard as nails". :cool:

Hope you and your family are all keeping well.

Take care & enjoy the '33, Paul. :)

·
Senior Charter Member
798 Posts
Hi Paul, Hope as is well with you also. Yes, been on the road for several months now. Still working with tuning the dual carbs, but it is a blast to drive.

dagall - Hi David, sorry I don't know how I missed the fact that you were actually on the road. :rolleyes:

So belated congratulations, your car looks great and "as hard as nails". :cool:

Hope you and your family are all keeping well.

Take care & enjoy the '33, Paul. :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
reassembled after paint

Yesterday marks the end of my 33 build, (#449). 3 years and over 1500 hrs. Disassembled last October for paint after putting on about 3000 miles during the summer. Painted at GT Collision in Duncan BC Canada this spring (an outstanding & flawless paintjob, thanks Jason and Ty). Colours are 2000 Chrysler Champagne and 2014 Chrysler plumb crazy purple. Fixed all the little things that cropped up during last Summer, (there were only few). This is a non ford build using a 1989 Chevy IROC Camaro TPI 350 rebuilt my myself. (this was basically a cost saving measure as modular ford motors are incredibly expensive, not to mention rare on Vancouver Island). The build was a very satisfying experience, I took on and fixed every problem and challenge that came up, often with help from this website. The build incorporates many custom one off machined parts & components fabricated on my Unimat Lathe/Mill.

Attachments

·
Registered
437 Posts
Love it. Really love the pistol grip shifter. I an using a B&M shifter with the pistol for a race car look. Nice dash too. Congrats on getting her done. Curious as to how you mounted your headlights. Would you mind posting a close up? Please?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Thanks macztar, the shifter is a B&M but with my own custom fabricated pistol grip with oak trim/sides and a reverse/park lockout lever.
As for the headlight mounts, I welded pieces of flat bar to the rad supports to use as a mount for a set of headlight stalks that I machined out of some 1" billet alum. I had to enlarge the side panel holes for the front suspension arm slightly for clearance. (It is now much easier to remove the side panels then if the lights were mounted conventionally). hope this makes sense

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yesterday marks the end of my 33 build, (#449). 3 years and over 1500 hrs. Disassembled last October for paint after putting on about 3000 miles during the summer. Painted at GT Collision in Duncan BC Canada this spring (an outstanding & flawless paintjob, thanks Jason and Ty). Colours are 2000 Chrysler Champagne and 2014 Chrysler plumb crazy purple. Fixed all the little things that cropped up during last Summer, (there were only few). This is a non ford build using a 1989 Chevy IROC Camaro TPI 350 rebuilt my myself. (this was basically a cost saving measure as modular ford motors are incredibly expensive, not to mention rare on Vancouver Island). The build was a very satisfying experience, I took on and fixed every problem and challenge that came up, often with help from this website. The build incorporates many custom one off machined parts & components fabricated on my Unimat Lathe/Mill.
Beautiful Ride, that TPI looks good in there

181 - 200 of 232 Posts