Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
9,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate shopping at Kroger, CVS, etc because you have to use a stupid card to get the so called "sales prices". Yes, the card is free. But should they be allowed to track my buying habits? I don't think so.

We all have a choice where we shop and I choose to shop anywhere that doesn't require a special card!

- Bill

·
Senior Charter Member
3,588 Posts
I just get the card and tell them I'll fill out the info at home and send it in. Then I never do - but I still get the discount because I have the card.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,318 Posts
I traveled across the country (mostly camping) in 2000 with my then 14 year old son. Everytime I stopped in a supermarket that had sale items, I filled out the card. Put a bogus address on everyone of them.

I also never paid a ATM fee the whole trip either - got cash back from every supermarket, K-Mart, WalMart that we stopped in. That is STILL my way of fighting ATM fees... I know - that is yet another subject (or would that be another pet pieve?)...

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
If I carried all the store cards I've been offered (plus the Subway buy-10-get-one-free sorts of cards), my wallet would be three feet thick. I just suck it up and pay the higher price when I HAVE to go into one of those stores. But I try to avoid 'em...

All the best,
Tag

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
I never use those cards. I also do not want them to track my purchases. The savings is not really that much anyways.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Shodan,
Does your wallet look like George Costanzas from seinfeld. He had back problems from carrying a wallet that was overfilled.

·
Cobra Nutcase
1,633 Posts
They use that information to clog up your mailbox with offers.

When you get solicited in the mail by businesses or credit card offers that include a prepostage paid envelope. Just send the envelope back to them with nothing inside. They pay the postage and get nothing in return.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
4,257 Posts
Originally posted by RobFFR4375:
They use that information to clog up your mailbox with offers.

When you get solicited in the mail by businesses or credit card offers that include a prepostage paid envelope. Just send the envelope back to them with nothing inside. They pay the postage and get nothing in return.
Ah, I use all the cards....doesn't bother me. I do have a more fun revenge to the junkmailers, though. I do this every day. Every free return envelope with the metered postage gets filled with all the junkmail that'll fit inside it. I send one about every other day.

I can see where places like CVS get their money. We found that one of my perscriptions wasn't yet on my insurance company's list yet (another story). CVS quotes something like $100 a month for regular over the counter price. We check at the local independent pharmacy. $30 for the very same thing!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts