Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys so I am just now getting to the point where I need to start the registration/inspection process. I've spoken with a few roadster owners in the area regarding it and it sounds pretty difficult. I'm wondering If any coupe owners in the Philadelphia area or anywhere in Pennsylvania for that matter could refer me to a good person to talk to about inspections and registration. Thanks

I've heard you need bumpers:confused1:

·
Registered
431 Posts
For what it's worth. In MO the highway patrol has to inspect your car for titeling. I went and talked to those guy's before I ordered my kit one of the best thing's I have done. They were very informitive and made it sound A lot easer than trying to read the forms.
Chaz...

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
Send HOT ROD BILL a PM and talk with him. He is a friend of mine from McMurry Pa and has gone through this process, he knows the details. If memory serveres me correct he had to have a defroster set up as well as a working back up light for inspection in his area.
HTH
CB

·
Registered
71 Posts
Chris,
Best bet would be to talk to Tim Potts, He's on the furum and lives in the Langhorne Area and is building or built a coupe.
I had my roadster inspected 3 years ago by a shop in Doylestown. It went really smooth and had my title in my hands within a week. Do your research, and talk to the several inspection shops. I installed back up lights, heater/defrost, windsheild wiper, and heat sheilds because each one looks for different requirements to pass the inspection. I know this isn't a popular view, but pick the one that best suits your build. In PA it's left up to the inspectors interpretation of the law. PM me if you want the shop I used.
Good Luck,
JW

·
Registered
216 Posts
I live in the Allentown area and have a station just down the street. He didn;t say anything about bumpers or backup light. Was mostly interested in wipers and door windows. I'll be starting the process in a few weeks and need to get all my papere together.

·
Non-whiner
10,648 Posts
It's actually very straight forward. Contact Bill (Mr. Mustang). He owns the Maaco in Pottstown. He's gone through it literally dozens of times and can even recommend the most knowledgeable shops. Shoot him a pm and he will get right back to you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts