Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just roughing-in the pedal box and found that the brake pedal hits the 3/4 cross bar before returning to full travel towards the driver. At first glance, it seems that the frame should be cut for clearance, but it appears that everyone else is reducing clutch pedal travel to match the brake.
What is the reasoning behind reducing pedal travel? Are they too close to the seat in the stock at-rest position?
...recalling a burned clutch post from a few days ago ...

Thanks for any help

Mike

·
Premium Member
3,886 Posts
Yep, they're too close to the seat, for me, anyway. Try putting in the seat and mocking it up, and see what you think. It's really worth taking the time now to make it comfortable and natural to drive, IMHO.

Forrest

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortunately, I didn't get my seats yet.
I can see that this is worth being patient to get it right.

·
5,573 Posts
that bar also stops the pedal from coming back so far that tha push rod pops out. (ruin your day).

Mine is adjusted right to it at rest and the others are aligned. Another car I drove was the same and felt good. Remember you have that big wood wheel above your legs...you don't want too be bringing your knee up too far for pedal travel as a result.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.