Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking into pedal covers, the ones from finish line are on sale and I was thinking about getting them. They come in a two pack and I know I have seen pics of some of yours with all three having the curved AC logo, so my question is did you buy 2 packs of 2? And if so what gas pedal did you go with and your thoughts on how it worked out or what you would change? Thanks.

Judd

(Then what do people do with the spare pedal covers?)

[ October 29, 2007, 01:47 PM: Message edited by: lapp172 ]

·
7,716 Posts
I bought three from Finishline. Bought Russ Thompson's gas pedal, mounted the AC pedals to the Mustang clutch/brake pedal arms and to Russ's gas pedal.

Sanded the "as cast" finish off the AC pedals, then hit them with black spray paint. Once the paint was tacky, wiped them down, leaving the paint in the depressed areas.

The real trick was getting the grommets in the holes.

Ray

·
Senior Charter Member
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ray,

Looks great and thanks for the quick response, I am guessing Russ is a forum vendor, I will check that out and what did you use to wipe them down, just a cloth?
Thanks, again

Judd

·
7,716 Posts
Thanks and I hope that it helps you.

Russ's stuff is available, here:
Russ's Garage

I just used a rag dampened with acetone to wipe the pedals down.

Ray

·
2,860 Posts
Do you know if Russ makes the gas pedal thinner than shown. Say, one half the width?

·
Registered
688 Posts
You can get the AC pedals from Whitby's already milled and drilled for installation on your Mustang pedal arms. Very nice!

Cheers,

Rick

·
Junior Charter Member
815 Posts
I just bought Russ's gas pedal and pedal covers. Very nice quality.

One issue I have with the covers, and has kept me from installing so far, is the location of the mounting holes in relation to the available meat from the mustang pedal. If I were to try to align the clutch and brake pads, it would put one of the mounting holes along the edge of the pedal. To mount them where I think would make them more secure would result in the pedal covers being misaligned top to bottom.

I'd like to see pictures of the drill locations in the clutch and brake, with the covers removed, from others that have used them.

Russ, if you read this, what do you suggest? I'd like to get them mounted as they look a helluva lot better than the nasty stock pads.

·
Premium Member
4,627 Posts
Originally posted by Detroit Kim:
How do the AC covers attach, I see no screw's in the picture ?
You have to modify them to work if you get them from finishline.(drill and slot)

·
7,716 Posts
I mounted mine by cutting the Mustang pedal off the arm, drilling a hole in the arm, milling a slot in the boss on the back of the AC pedal and then drilling a hole. Ran a through bolt, leaving a little slop so the pedal pivots a bit.

Ray

·
Junior Charter Member
147 Posts
Here's mine now to get them mounted.

·
Junior Charter Member
166 Posts
Has anyone attached one of the AC pedals to a donor throtle arm? Any suggestions or hints? Is there enough meat on the boss on the back of the pedal to get it to fit after shortening the arm a little?

·
2,990 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
166 Posts
Perl thanks for the link. I had seen your pedals during my search as well. I may end up going that route but would like to do the pedals all as AC's if that's possible. Has anyone done this with all three stock arms?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts