Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Prior to installing my pedal box followed the instructions in the MKII manual and shortened the brake and gaz pedal as described, with the pedals box installed in place I find that the 3 pedals are not aligned. The clutch is closer to the driver by about 2 inches from the brake pedal and the gaz pedal is even further behind. I currently have no spacers on the MC and suspect that by adding 1 or 2 I my be able to align the brake and gaz pedal. This will only move the clutch pedal further ahead of the brake pedal.
The second question is with reference to the pedal travel on the gaz pedal. I am using a new stock '88 throttle cable but I do not find that I have to much travel from idle to full trottle, maybe 4" in all. Is this normal?

Thanking you
Jimmy

·
FFCobra Fanatic
430 Posts
I had some trouble with the pedals too. My accelerator pedal is also behind the other two by a little bit. There's a tab you can bend that will adjust it's placement a bit as I recall. I've attached a couple of pics to show how I seperated the pedals. Most guys bend the pedal arms. I didn't - I just offset the pedal pads instead. Works fine for my size D feet. I set the brake pedal depth by intalling a rubber bushing. I used a hood stop from the junkyard. This may or may not have helped.

Jim

1 - 2 of 2 Posts