Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any advantage of one or the other for the manual pedal boxes from 89-93 or 94 beyond? Is one "better" than the other? Will both work with a T5?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,825 Posts
I have installed both as well and agree with Michael.

One advantage (particularly if you are using a donor wiring harness) is the smaller size of the later model pedal boxes. You will appreciate the extra room when you start stuffing this area full of your wiring bundle.

Sean

·
Registered
538 Posts
Mike sells a really nice refurbished pedal box if you don't want to mess with it. I got mine from him...works great.

Paul

·
iBuild
5,824 Posts
Just bought one from Mike, the thing looks brand new. Will be playing with getting it in the car later today :)

_Scott

·
Blue Oval Scribe
9,177 Posts
94 and up are much easier to package into the foot box due to their size. If you want to use late model Bullitt pedal pads or aftermarket, they fit the '94 and up better. If you plan on using hydroboost then the '94 and up is also the better option (actually '96 and up GT/Cobra)...

We used a '96 GT pedal box for our build with hydroboost and everything fit like a glove...

HTH...
Mark

·
Registered
11,828 Posts
ditto the pedal box from mike. comes with the pedal modified, if you wish.

either way, don't make the mistake i did... if the pedal box has a (non-adjustable) aftermarket clutch quadrant, you will need the separate adjuster at the firewall.

·
ChickenCobra
190 Posts
emonster6x :
Don't feel bad as I, and most everyone of us have, ON RARE OCCAYSIONS, also made a MISTAKE (or two, or three, or four, or oh well you get my point). It's just a small part of one of the BEST GROUPS you'll EVER ba part of !!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts