Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Charter Member
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There was some good discussion and pictures regarding a setup that would allow for limiting the forward travel of the clutch pedal last year. I learned from it and did my own version today. Welded a nut (sitting on a small spacer)to the existing stop, which allows a me to adjust how far out the clutch pedal can travel by turning a bolt.

I wanted to (a) thank those who have done similar mods and shared the info and (b) show this idea to newer folks who may not yet be at this point.

·
Premium Member
3,886 Posts
Very nice job!

It's little things like this that help make a car easy and fun to drive. It's well worth the extra time and trouble if you're planning to keep the car and actually drive it.

Forrest

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
yep, that was a good idea whoever it was. I did it on mine, just don't know how's gonna work until I put it all together.

May I suggest a jam nut so that the bolt doesn't walk in/out with vibration? (although it looks like you put some threadlocker there already)

·
Charter Member
1,776 Posts
I did this mod as well. I also cut the side tubing out of the footbox and welded in a new structure. Huge difference. I have the Breeze seat sliders and now that I've driven the car a little bit I can tell I'm going to actually need to move the seat up a little. Much more comfortable after the mods than I thought it would be. I also used three spacers on the MC to move the brake pedal back further also.
Raul

·
Charter Member
1,103 Posts
Just_Bitten,

You probably have this taken care of already. But just in case I thought I would bring up the issue for others.

Make sure that when you pull back on the brake pedal the pushrod will NEVER come out of the MC. That would be a bad thing to happen on a fast turn in. We do this check during tech inspection at the track.

HTH,
Robert

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
1,170 Posts
How much travel is actually necessary to fully activate the clutch? i.e. how much higher can you turn the screw before the clutch wouldn't seperate correctly?

Thanks,

Olivier

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
Not just for tall guys either...

I am a tall guy but it also allows the vertically challenged to align the brake and clutch pedals so there is not a dramatic difference.

Olivier - I set the pedal height and then used the firewall aduster to set the clutch release point. I guess you could go crazy and mess it all up, but mine is only anout 1 inch closer to the firewall and still as about 3.5 inches of movement.

Hope this helps

·
USAF Lifer (Retired)
1,221 Posts
Won't you have to shorten the clutch cable too? you'll have too much free play or run out of pedal before the clutch disengages if you don't

1 - 8 of 8 Posts