Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Charter Member
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hear there is a "pedal bender" that will get my clutch and brake over to the left. Please enlighten me.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I just got finished taking a turn with one (East coast).
It's a major block of steel with a groove and a mongo bolt to press against the pedal.
Requires a 1 1/8" socket, and works like a charm.
It will leave a mark on the pedal where the bolt bears down.

·
15,282 Posts
Has anyone tried out the pedal bender on a newer (non-Fox) pedal assembly? My donor is a 2000GT, and I have no idea how the pedal assembly compares to the older donors. Anyone?

Cheers, John

·
Premium Member
14,690 Posts
yes, John
you'll still need to bend your pedals even with more reason on the MKIII because of the smaller footbox. and the throttle pedal arm will also need to be shorten.
The newer pedal boxes (on the MKIII) require to be trimmed in a couple of places to allow the throttle cable to clear it and for mounting it flush with the mounting plate.
if you are going to use the cruise control from your donor you will also need to move the clutch de-activation Cruise Control Switch, add a longer clutch stop tab, etc.
It was easier for me to bend them with an acetylene torch....

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
2,078 Posts
Anyone have a picture of the pedal bender being used?

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,899 Posts
You can slip a thick washer or small piece of flat stock between the bolt and your pedal to avoid marking the pedal while bending. G.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.