Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed a vortech supercharger.If you look at the picture you can see I have a standard pcv valve connected to the valve cover, and a vent cap installed on the other valve cover. What is the correct way to install the pcv valve so I do not pressurize the crankcase under boost.

·
Premium Member
9,698 Posts
Use a PCV from a 4 cyl turbo coupe or a Buick grand national PCV. If using the turbo coupe valve, be sure and use an original ford motorcraft part. The ones from the parts stores are junk. The PCV I mentioned use a special orifice that is supposed to seal against boost. John

·
section 8
5,136 Posts
get a breather with a nipple on it and run a hose to the air filter or anywhere before the blower .It is easier to use an open breather but with boost they tend to make a mess .This is the poor mans vacuum pump Bob

·
Charter Member
6,161 Posts
I am going thru this problem now. If I run two open breathers, I have oil coming out of the right side. If I run a standard PCV to the base of the carb., then under boost oil goes into the intake and burns out the pipes. Bob, can you elaborate.

·
Senior Charter Member
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I ordered a pcv valve for a buick grand national turbo car.I will give this a try.

·
Premium Member
2,919 Posts
First let me say that I am by no means an expert at this. I had stuggled for a while about trying to control my oil blow-by based on my crankcase getting boosted. The engine was a new D.S.S. block so i'm saying it was put together right. I tried the T-coupe pcv, but I still had oil in my intake. THe oil separator works good but I was finding out that on a hard decel after a boosted run the over pressure would blow/suck the contents into the intake. Anyway what I came up has stopped all my weeping oil problems. THe thing that actually fixed it was adding a PCV valve on top of the oil cap. The idea is that it closes while you cruise around (not allowing unmetered air into the system) but in the event that the crankcase starts to pressurize the PCV on the oil cap "pops off" as to not allow oil to get forced into the intake. Anyway it worked for me and my setup and i'm getting 21MPG / 17 MPG h-way / city. Granted my set up is a standard EFI, so may just replace my intake source with one of your valve covers. Here's a pic to clear it up hopefully

1 - 6 of 6 Posts