Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Passenger side dash panel / firewall space options.

I am nearly finished with my MKII Roadster but have the following dilemma:

I have decided to mount the E.C.U. between the firewall and the dash on the passenger side. This will leave the foot-box totally clean. On the same side on the firewall side, I need space for the wiper motor (FFR Wiper kit).

I am also entertaining the idea of putting in a heater.

How badly will all these options interfere with each others space?

·
FFR Master Builder
4,170 Posts
i was able to do it but there were problems. to mount the wiper motor i used a muffler clamp and passed the clamp through the firewall. the nuts on the other side interfered with the mounting of the computer. what i did was take a block of 3/4" thick wood and mounted it on the cockpit side of the firewall. i drilled 2 holes for the nuts of the wiper motor clamp. i then screwed the computer to the wood block and screwed the wood block to the fire wall. very clean looking. the wood block made the firewall more ridged than it was before. this was good because the wiper motor can put out alot of torque and was flexing my firewall

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you also install a heater? If so, what brand?

·
Premium Member
18,585 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
381 Posts
Go with the set-up NAGA suggests.

I have ALL you list.
* FFR supplied heater (vintage air) on the suggested location (which is at least 1inch off due to the added dash hoop support being in the way)
* Lucas Wiper motor again outside passenger firewall. (on the inside I mounted the vacuum control valves for the heater!)
* EEC to the underside of the passenger foorbox top.

I did not see any other place for all that stuff to go. It is very cramped in ther.

Rob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.