Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gen 1 Daytona.
Passenge door doesn't shut right. Too much space at lower outside of door. Lifting up on door shows that hinge bushing may need repair or replace.

How can I get access to the hinge?

Do the rivets need to be drilled out?

I did not build this car.
Thanks,

·
Senior Charter Member
879 Posts
Access is limited, best to remove the filler plate in front of the hinges under the cowl. Then you can get to the hinge bolts. Pictures will help us see the situation better.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
As Karl said you have to remove the block of plates under the cowl to access the hinges. I made mine in 2 pieces and removable for that reason. If yours aren't you may want to make that modification as you have it apart. There's a filler piece behind the split that holds the upper and lower piece together.

Good luck,

John

·
Registered
17 Posts
If I remember correctly the First Gen. Kits used a different type of Door hinge? I remember Russ Thompson's photo gallery showing it on His build.If that's correct, Russ would be the guy to talk with.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If I remember correctly the First Gen. Kits used a different type of Door hinge? I remember
As Karl said you have to remove the block of plates under the cowl to access the hinges. I made mine in 2 pieces and removable for that reason. If yours aren't you may want to make that modification as you have it apart. There's a filler piece behind the split that holds the upper and lower piece together.

Good luck,

John

View attachment 359331

View attachment 359332
's photo gallery showing it on His build.If that's correct, Russ would be the guy to talk with.
thanks
If I remember correctly the First Gen. Kits used a different type of Door hinge? I remember Russ Thompson's photo gallery showing it on His build.If that's correct, Russ would be the guy to talk with.
I don't know how to access Russ Thompson's gallery....please help.
thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts