Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a problem with the Front Drivers-side amber light.

Details:
2008-2011 FFR Complete Build Mk3.1
Ron Francis Wiring Harness
3000 mi, all lights were working

Now that I need a new inspection sticker, one problem. The Right, Passenger-side works perfectly. All tail lights are working. The Front Drivers-side turn signal works, but the parking light is out. It should be on with the headlights, but isn't.

I'll swap the bulbs tonight to check both filiments. I'll check the fuse box, but don't see how that could be it. I quickly checked in the dark and there's no wires loose or missing.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
189 Posts
When you get home first check the polarity of the bulb good light vs the bad one. I think I read on the forum somewhere or in the manual that the bulb could be inserted the wrong way. Not easily but could be done. Hopefully it is as simple as that.

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

Thanks, it's not the bulbs. I'll keep checking.

·
Junior Charter Member
97 Posts
I’m sure you figured it out, but your parking/driving lights (and license plate light) should all go on at the same time. They all get power from the same source, which is the light switch, in both pull positions (park and drive). On the RF wiring if your passengers side is working, then check the connector, bulb setup on the drivers side.
I have the RF wiring harness, but ended up separating the head light circuit and the signal/park circuit, meaning I have each on their own connector. The terminals seemed somewhat small for the headlights. I’m sure they are rated correctly, but changed them anyway.
Steve

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.