Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched about this without any luck. Most of what is posted is on the old passenger bracket.

I have the newer bracket (shock and bar in the same space). What spacers and how many do I need? FFR has send 3 x 0.25 and 3 x 0.375 . When I installed one of each on the driver's side there is play in the rod (not tightened down yet).

Help please. Trying to get this done this weekend.

TIA

Manos

·
FFCobra Fanatic
2,600 Posts
I've used washers, cut down spacers and made my own to get it all even and slack free. You can use heavy wall tubing with the right ID for the bolt, cut to length.

·
Blue Oval Scribe
9,177 Posts
Look at the separate 3-link instructions. It tells you where to put the spacers. They aren't the same size from side to side (like the shocks), thus the two different sizes sent.

Let me know if you can't locate the instructions and I'll dig mine out and post the spacer locations...

HTH...
Mark

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mark

The only instructions I have are the ones Hozr hasput together but they only describe the old pass. side bracket. Would be great if you could post spacer locations

M

·
Blue Oval Scribe
9,177 Posts
Manos, my apologies, I didn't note that you have the revised bracket. I too have the earlier style, which came with its own instruction packet.

Hopefully someone else with the new setup has gotten that far (with pictures) or you'll have to give FFR a shout. Hopefully they just forgot to send the separate instruction sheet for the revised part.

Mark

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No problem Mark. Thanks for trying.

Anyone out there with the new passenger bracket???? I am trying different combinations of the spacers I have but I may have to cut my own like Sanford suggested.

M

·
Registered
113 Posts
Manos,

I just logged on to ask the same question. Three of each spacer and no combination seems to fit just right.

Unless there is other guidance, I'm thinking I'll use two of the .375 on the drivers side and use the four remaining on the pass. Both combinations are too large, so I'd file two spacers, as with the lower front coil-over spacers, and make 'em fit.

Is there a problem using 2 spacers together for this? Or just ask FF?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hozr

You are correct but FFR only sent 3 of each and if you use one of each on the drivers side you don't get the right combo. ( Great directions though, thank you for making quite a bit easier than it would have been)

P&K

That was my plan also but wanted to make sure I was not missing anything obvious.

A 0.25 spacer and 0.375 spacer on the driver side seems too small anyway (too much play). I think I can fit 2 x 0.375 with some filing.

M

·
Slacker Extraordinaire
2,811 Posts
Hmm. There was a long post about 3 months ago about this. Let me know if you come up with a different combination. I'm pretty sure mark Dougherty was the one who said 2 x 0.50 or 4 x 0.25.

Ill look for the thread as well.

A

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So here is what I did.

Driver's side per Hozr instructions (Bolt/washer on outside of bracket/0.375 spacer/rod end/0.25 spacer/washer on outside of bracket/nylock nut.

Passenger side
Bolt/washer on outside of bracket/ washer on inside of bracket/0.375 spacer/rod end/ 2 x 0.25 spacer/washer on outside of bracket/nylock nut

It turns out that a 0.375 spacer + SAE washer = 0.5 ( which is what Hozr had suggested 4 x 0.25 spacers) but only had 3 available and could not find another one today (tried local hardware store and HD).

I actually like the washer on the inside of the bracket because it will distribute the force over the slot better than the spacer. I may actually take out the other 0.25 spacers and use the extra 0.375 with a washer on the other side.

Anyone see a problem with the above configuration please let me know

M

1 - 12 of 12 Posts