1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
925 Posts
I've done a lot of aluminum fabrication for my car and haven't run into the need for a box break yet. It has all been fairly simple panel bending. If you don't need the box-making ability, this one from Harbor Freight is one of their rare gems and is half the price of the one from Northern and has greater capacity. I have one and it works great.

36" Metal Brake w/ Metal Break Stand

Tim

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I fabricated a regular bending brake that works decent but I have run into the occasional time I need to do some complex bends ("A" panel above transmission tunnel). So now I'm at the point of making some new trunk panels and a new top panel for my DS footbox and I felt like I should pop on on a box brake. Thanks for your feedback.

Joey

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com App

·
Registered
334 Posts
I have that model from HF. seems to work just fine, directions on how to get it all aligned are a little lacking(or let me say don't exist). However there are only a couple adjustments so it didn't take long to figure it out.

Only bent Al with it and works just fine.

·
Senior Charter Member
2,969 Posts
I bought this one for 600.00 from BusyBee.

Nice and solid (pretty heavy too). I was able to bend 16g SS although the recommended max I believe is 16g aluminum.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.