Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I havn't had any luck finding a good donor car yet. I was wondering what the average cost of one of these pallet deals would be, for say an early 90's car. Thanks in advance, Dave

·
Premium Member
10,474 Posts
There are a couple of places to get them. I looked at that option and I think they were around 2k plus about $500 for shipping.

·
Premium Member
10,474 Posts
Here's one of them, don't remember the other.

Cypress

·
Senior Charter Member
1,861 Posts
Believe another one is AMP Performance?

Can just Google it.

·
Senior Charter Member
496 Posts
I would highly recommend not going that route. (speaking from experience). You will receive a lot of parts that are just not worthy of putting on such a machine and will end up buying a lot of new parts after all so you will have spent $3000 on used parts and a bunch more on new parts. If there is any possibility of buying new or rebuilt parts at discount auto parts stores rather than a donor pallete, you should do so. You will be happier, will have a much nicer/more dependable/more valuable car and will find that you don't spend a whole lot more money. Having been there, I feel strongly about this.

·
Registered
259 Posts
My experience with a donor pallet from Cypress was the opposite of Viperdude's. Everything was in good shape (although I still replaced things like rear shocks) The brakes were good enough that I still haven't replaced the pads and shoes. A few parts were missing from the pallet, but Cypress sent them to me right away. The donor had 122K miles on it. The next winter, I did a complete rebuild on the engine... when I took it apart, it was nearly pristine. In addition, Cypress offers a 3 month warranty that doesn't kick in until you have the car built. The warranty is something you won't get with a donor car. So at least for my build on a budget, the donor pallet from Cypress turned out to be a good decision and a good value.

- Steve

·
1,743 Posts
I'm with Seattle Steve.
I put my pallet order together after I'd decided on what to order from FFR and the various vendors. My "modified" pallet from AMP included the engine, tranny and most of the PIA stuff... it was a great value and worked out perfectly.

·
Junior Charter Member
1,335 Posts
There is also a place in Winder, GA...can't think of the name but let me know if you want me to hunt it down.
Gerry

·
Premium Member
18,585 Posts
Cypress is a supporting vendor. I went with AMP (before there was this forum) and was completely satisfied.
They first find a car and the price depends on how many miles the car has. By the time I had them change the rear end gears to 3:55's and supply a new 3 core radiator instead of the donor's two core, and paid for shipping from AZ, I had $3,400 in it. Donor had 70k on it. They steam cleaned everything and replaced, for free, several parts I asked them to. One UCA, the Park Brake and the tach.

I was really happy with my experience. The pallet made it very simple.

d

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
934 Posts
I pd $4500 for my Mustang Cobra pallet from Cypress. The parts were in real good shape, but I as I went through my build I replaced many parts w/new. NOT the fault of Cypress, just my own ignorance of what I would be satisfied with.

·
Senior Charter Member
496 Posts
I'm sorry you guys, I should mention that I did not go with Cypress. Just wanted to make sure there was no confusion on this point.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Don't recall the name, however, I used the company out of Georgia (listed in the build manual). Total cost, $2500. I got all I needed less engine. Got a little more that I expected (and therefore paid for maybe $300) and could use so choose your parts list carefully.
Bluzpwr

·
1st RFM/FFR Legacy Winner
25,974 Posts
I went with the company in GA. It's www.stangparts.com.
592 Barrow Park Dr.
Winder, GA 30680
1-800-236-1156
Ph 770-867-2644
Fx 770-307-0403

I was happy with the experience and would use them again. The only issues I had with the parts was I had to keep asking them to ship another gas tank becasue the first 3 had loose baffles. They refunded my money and I got to keep three bad tanks and 2 filler necks. One of the hydroboost hoses was messed up so they sent another complete hose set for free and I kept all the other as well.

The pallet donor route worked well for me as my build used very few donor parts and I didn't have room or neightbors who would appreciate a wrecked stang in the driveway.

You will be getting used parts just like getting them off your own donor, so expect to spend some time and additional money refurbing some of them.

My total cost was about $1500 and $100 for shipping to the depot.

Greg

·
Junior Charter Member
1,637 Posts
This is where I picked up my donor car. He specializes in Mustangs only. Bill is a straight up guy.
Tim

Fox's Auto, Dover, PA , (717-292-2537),

1 - 15 of 15 Posts