Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning gents,

I am at the cross roads of the project.. to pain or not to paint. I have seen the thread about "can I do it myself" and feel I can or will try if there is not an alternative. One of the underlining tones for those who farmed it out was to find a shop that has FFR experience. This is easier said than done unless we can import the likes of Ken (SRP) and the other FFR experts. Seem painting a vette does not make one a FFR painter! The two smaller shops here in town said they could do it but it would be their first Vinylester project.. hummmm

I have the seams completed and for the most part am ready to spray on the Feather fill. Was going to start next week after final inspection but feel it will be getting colder here and my shop has minimal heat.... but it does have heat!

I am in Upstate NY (Binghamton south of Syracuse) and would be willing to haul the body an hour or so to a proven FFR worthy shop.. Anyone up this way have some references?

thanks

·
Charter Member
78 Posts
Joe,

I think some local shops have done a great job on the FFR's in our own area. The only problem is that they don't want to pick up the work after someone else has done the body work. They want to start the project and know whats been done. That way thay can guarantee their work. At least thats what all the shops told me. Theirs a great custom/rod shop just down the road from you in Little Meadows! (Roger Martin) off of Penn. Ave.

Forrest

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Forrest..

I went to A-1 over on 17c as he has completed a FFR once before. I have the seams complete, edges rolled, and pretty much ready to start the build up stage. He looked over the work, made a few comments, and then stated it would be about $5,800!!!!

Whoha People aint shy bout sticking it to ya!

I will search out Mr. Martin!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts