Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Blue Oval Scribe
9,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I just got some updates from the boys at KR Performance. They've got the cockpit edges rolled, the wheel openings done, the taillight pads modified, and more. The first coat of primer is now on and all they have left to do is extend the hood/scoop and we're going to knock down the bump on the trunk a bit. We hope to have color on in another couple of weeks! Man I miss the car!

Enjoy!
Mark

·
3,798 Posts
Mark,
It is looking great. I miss your series in the magazine. I know the feeling of having the roadster off at paint, mine was down at the Bat Cave last summer for 15 weeks. When I went to pick it up the wait was worth every second. You will be unloading it at your house soon.

·
Blue Oval Scribe
9,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks GT500...

We've been going every other month or so to give the guys at KR time to do the body and paint. When I was doing my own work in the garage it was easy to get a story done every month. KR has other customer cars to work on too.

We just ran another story, an intro to the paint section, in the October issue and my next one will be January (tried to get it in December but not enough time)...

James, they only applied the first layer of high build primer on the frame. They will be removing the body for final paint, and because we're also going to line inside of the body with Lizard Skin too...

Mark

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.