Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to get a clean touch up on a verticle surface without the paint running?

Also, if anyone wants to see a really cool product for touching up paint chips perfectly so long as they are on a horizontal surface, log onto LANGKA.COM. I'm sure it'll work on verticle surfaces as well if I could just figure out a way to put paint on a verticle surface without it running down the surface before it sets up. I used the product very sucessully on my Ferrari.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
669 Posts
My neighbor manages a dealership in town and his paint touch-up guy uses syringes. The guy showed my. Just pull a little paint in, push the plunger down till the paint is about to come out the needle and then tap at the spots you want to fill. The guy told me that if the chip is deep, it might take a couple rounds to build the paint up. Just be patient and it'll look perfect. Just get syringes with a decent size needle (ones that a diabetic uses are way too small).

P.J.

·
Registered
4,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll give it a whack. Thanks

·
FFCobra Fanatic
12,975 Posts
I've used everthing from tooth picks to match heads to small brush's. Put on only enough base to get the color back. Once done slowlly build up the clear to slightly thicker compared to the surounding paint. Once it drys use small round piece's of wet/dry paper glued on the end of a pencil eraser to sand down flush for buffing. Use some scotch tape around the fresh clear to protect the surounding paint when sanding.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts