Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has been a very long road and I can see a light at the end of the tunnel on the paint and body work on my GTM. More pics will follow once I get everything back together and finalized, but I couldn't wait and wanted to share some pictures now with you all. I figured this group can relate best to the type of anticipation this whole process involves.

·
Premium Member
11,046 Posts
Lookin' Good!! I can definitely relate to how much work you have into those fender flares!! What do you have planned for the quarter windows?...the FFR glass?

·
Junior Charter Member
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Shane. The quarter windows will be replaced by scoops which I have skinned in carbon fiber.

·
Junior Charter Member
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haha yea, its been quite a while that I have been working on fixing this car. I am excited to just get it back and drive it again!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Now that is sharp!!! Those side scoops are LEGIT as well. You are definitely doing the things that I'm dreaming of when I get to that point one day.

·
Junior Charter Member
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, guys. I should be able to see it in person today for the first time (the pics I posted were teasers from the painter). I picked out the color over 2 years ago and I can't wait to see it draped over those wide fenders of my GTM!

·
Registered
525 Posts
WOW, just a great looking combination!! You have done a great job with all the details, and I know you are looking forward to getting it back home.

I look forward to seeing some more pics!

Regards,

Steve

·
Junior Charter Member
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks, yall!

Yes, the paint is totally different than it was before. I was not a big fan of the gold/ green hue/ copper/ whatever you want to call that original color. The only thing I liked about it was that it was unique. I wanted to change things up, but still have a unique color, which I believe I have accomplished. You definitely won't see another GTM like this one anywhere.

·
Junior Charter Member
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just waiting on the hatch now.. It will be unique also. I got some hood louvers from a gen 2 and Im having them incorporated into the hatch as heat extractors to help with engine bay cooling.

·
Super Moderator
29,374 Posts
I don’t normally visit the GTM section, but I will be following this thread for sure. Love the color. Can you share the name/code?

Reactions: ChevyChad

·
Junior Charter Member
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Welp, only took another 3 months for the hatch to get painted, but I got pics of it Friday. Should be able to see it all together very soon.

And here is a teaser from the front:

·
Junior Charter Member
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Completed pics yet?
Unfortunately not.. Painter keeps saying "this week" every time I talk to him. Its been that way for a few months now. Good times LOL. I am also building a new house at the moment, and I really don't have a place now to put the GTM in my current rental, so I am not really pushing hard on the painter. However, the new house is supposed to be finished "this week" too (also been hearing that from the contractor for a couple months now). Once the house is done and I have a place to put the GTM, I will pressure the painter more. Until then, it is like watching 2 sleepy turtles racing between the house and the GTM. I'll definitely post pictures here once I have it back though in its new home!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts