Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am building a type 65 and was wondering how much the paint job would cost if I took it to the shop and was black with racing stripes and numbers and the half and half tail

·
Registered
32 Posts
Are you talking just paint? Or paint and body work? You can save a ton if you can do the body work and bring it to the painter in primer.

·
Pro FFR Builder and Moderator
14,785 Posts
Most painters will not paint others bodywork

·
Registered
21 Posts
My Coupe is a Gen.2. I spent 12 yrs (in my free time) in the building process and loved every minute, I wanted a Show Quality car. Most of that time was doing body work and modifications, which I started first. My suggestion: Fit the Doors, Windshield, Rear Hatch and Headlight Covers and Bubbles, make them a tight fit to allow the Painter to adjust without needing to repair. Install the Spoiler, Hood and Fender Vents (If not planning on using rivets) Make sure the opening for the Fuel Tank is large enough to mount the body to the frame, but not so wide that everything 'Hangs Out'
The BAT (Temecula, CA) painted my Car $14000.00. After all my body work? Save your self some time. Let a Paint professional paint your car. Enjoy Driving, not bonding and sanding.

·
Registered
724 Posts
First, yes, if you can do the body work, do so. It will save tons of money. I was able to do all the work in the past and had restored vintage mustangs to MCA award wining results doing all the work, including paint, myself. With the Daytona however, I had to give the paint side up due to a heart issue. That said, my cost for paint was $3000 after my work was done and it was good enough to be on an indoor rotating platform inside the Summit Racing store in Summit Ohio. Give it a try. There are a lot of YouTube vids out there to help out too.
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle
see what you can do or can't. You may be surprised.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Five years ago THE BEST price I got was $1,000 (and 1 month) - JUST TO HAVE THE TOP PAINTED-
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Plant
(no body work needed) ....Had it wrapped for $250.00(had it back the same day) ...And its still like new :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts