Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,560 Posts
Got a guy in Oakwood that will spray it for you. I'll have to check if he can accommodate the body work if you need a turn key job.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
thanks guys what is a reasonable budget i was hoping 5K am i out to lunch? craig
That may be low unless you do your own body work. I paid almost $8K and had a bad experience. Try to find someone with experience on our cars and a reputation for quality and on time work. Talk to previous customers about their experience before committing. $7K to $8K should get you a very good job although you can pay way more with options.

Jeff

·
1st RFM/FFR Legacy Winner
28,662 Posts
If you are dropping the car off someplace and having them do all the fitting, bodywork and paint, I think $5K is way to low. If you have a MK4, that will save the painter some time over the others but $5K from a shop that knows what they are getting into...I don't think so. As far a time line, expect 2 months or more.

Greg

·
Registered
788 Posts
Mine was way over 5k. But, he fitted the doors, hood , trunk, mounted the scoop(flush), stripes, lots of detailing in fenders, undercoating the fenders, etc. Gave me a ton of free advice on everything from getting a windshield to fit right to helping me align the car. Darn near perfect bodywork IMO. The fit and finish is what everyone sees, and I know I am limited in my ability to do bodywork.

If you are really trying to build a nice car, I would only use an experienced shop. I can see a shop agreeing to do one of our cars and realize it is taking a lot of time and start cutting corners or quit working on it. You want someone that will take the same time painting that you did putting in those first 500 rivets! That no one will ever see :)

·
Super Moderator
29,393 Posts
Expect a minimum of $7000 for a high quality paint job. Many places on the east coast/ Where are you located. That would help pin point a source

·
Junior Charter Member
1,637 Posts
Don't forget Whitby's in Greensboro NC. They have tons of experience with FFR's.
HTH
Tim

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.