Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Humdinger!
447 Posts
My personal choice:

Yellow > Green > Black > Blue.

Colors of cars I won't even consider owning: red, brown, red, gold, red, white, red. Did I mention red. I hate red. I don't own red shirts, red cars, red furniture, red anything.

·
Too much is just enough.
5,872 Posts
Interesting. Why they heck do so many people like silver as the main color? Carl, do you hate red so much? You do realize that the color red is in your blood, so you can never escape it? :lol:

·
Humdinger!
447 Posts
I think the reason I hate red so much is I got tired of hearing people say, "Ooh, look at my red sports car, ooh look at my red convertable." Stuff like that. I think it might be me naturally going against the grain.

When I was in the Marine Corps we didn't bleed red, we bled green!

·
Too much is just enough.
5,872 Posts
I think the reason I hate red so much is I got tired of hearing people say, "Ooh, look at my red sports car, ooh look at my red convertable." Stuff like that. I think it might be me naturally going against the grain.

You sure you aren't mixing the color of your blood with the color of your skin?

I get the whole red car thing. There are few cars I'd honestly own that would be red. The few exceptions would be a Ferrari (I think the color suits their cars well), a Ford GT, '67 Mustang or '33 Cabriolet. All the others, mostly blue lol. But, I don't hate the color red. I actually like it.

·
Premium Member
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Forgot to mention this is from DuPont Automotive and pretty recent, maybe as recent as 2009 or 2010.

I thought it was interesting how we in the North Americas have the greatest diversity in colors yet we're always getting slugged in the face for not embracing diversity.

·
Charter Member
1,775 Posts
silver hides dirt better than the other colors.

I like red with black stripe

mine is yellow with no stripe

·
Registered
25 Posts
I tend to like low key colors on flashy cars, and flashy colors on conservative cars. Red Volvo, white Vette, that kind of thing. If I get a used Cobra I'll probably leave it whatever color it is, most likely blue, but ideally I'd like it to be maroon or dark green. White could work nicely, too.

Has anyone done a poll of how many roadsters are painted what color? Seems like about 75% are blue, 20% are silver, and the rest are something else.

·
Registered
4,497 Posts

but i bet you couldn't wait till you got your blood stripes:evil:

i am not a fan of red either, first thing i did was paint my Koni's Busch can blue..........although i here a red interior sells a car fast, just not to me:001_rolleyes:

although in the painting industry red kills green green kills red

·
Junior Charter Member
405 Posts
I often wonder if paint popularity is determined by what people actually want, or some bean counter at the manufacturer just whipping out production schedules based on what he/she thinks people should want (given that most cars are not ordered, but simply chosen from what's available on the lot at the time).

·
Premium Member
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
White with white ghost stipes, any color interior. Old people's Buick Centurys ruined any blue for me.

I know white is the hardest/toughest, black softest, red most expensive, green metallic difficult to blend.

·
Snake Farmer
10,394 Posts
I often wonder if paint popularity is determined by what people actually want, or some bean counter at the manufacturer just whipping out production schedules based on what he/she thinks people should want (given that most cars are not ordered, but simply chosen from what's available on the lot at the time).
I suspect that this may be partially true. Manufactures may also take into consideration the costs for certain colors. I understand that red is one of the most expensive paints.

·
The Greek
3,260 Posts
A new white car, usually is the lowest priced. When dealers advertise a certain car at a great price, it is white. That and the ease of maintenance would make white so popular.
For me it's black, but boy is it a hard color to keep clean!

·
Registered
11,831 Posts
Interesting. Why they heck do so many people like silver as the main color? Carl, do you hate red so much? You do realize that the color red is in your blood, so you can never escape it? :lol:
SILVER stays clean! i never thought i'd own a silver vehicle, but i love my new silver truck. granted, it's SoCal, but even after it rains, the truck doesn't look so bad. i only wash it every few weeks and no one has ever said to me "dude you gotta wash this thing"

And don’t foget, silver is a great color to show the CAR. Lots of concept cars are shown in silver. It shows off the lines of the car without being overbearing.

BLACK is the hardest to keep clean, i bet the numbers for black are so high with luxury cars because those people pay someone to wash it, and often.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.