Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to sort out wires in my 12 circuit Painless universal harness and have not found a circuit for the fuel pump. How is the best way to wire the fuel pump? From what terminal, what size fuse, what size wire. I am using the air conditioning circuit so I cannot substitute that. Any help would be appreciated.

Thankx,
jak :cool: :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
916 Posts
If you're using Painless with the EFI harness either from the donor or new from FRPP, then all you do is pick an unused wire in the painless harness, connect one end to the fuel pump positive and the other end to the correct wire on the EFI harness (don't remember the color but it's on the green plug next to computer)with this metod it works in conjuction with the EEC computer and existing donor fuel pump relay.

·
Premium Member
11,853 Posts
Use a simple relay to power the pump from the battery and trigger the relay with the Radio or Coil or any other ign fed circuit. Since all you need is the trigger almost any 12 v ignition source will work, Radio even. The AC will be used to power the heater. Hope this helps. Cheers Richard.

·
Super Moderator
29,604 Posts
Why do you need to use a relay? I have my electric pump wired to a toggle switch on the dash.

2FAST

·
Super Moderator
3,701 Posts
I bought the Painless Fuel Pump Relay and their Fan Relay - and used the FAN circuit to power both relays. (I thought it was pretty easy to remember - fan & fuel)

·
Registered
777 Posts
Keith,

A relay will put much less load on your switch. With a relay it only switches the coil current--maybe 40 or 50mA. The way you're running it now, the toggle switch sees the full current the pump pulls at startup, which might be 15A or more...

Mike

·
6,546 Posts
And potentially a fire.

Use the relay.

I got a super neato gadget for mine:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts