Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got the Painless chassis harness from Tri-States. It included the Ford diagrams to wire the harness to the stock EFI harness. On page 15, the Ford diagrams talk of a brown connector #31 with a "White/Purple" wire that gets connected to 12-volt crank only source. My harness doesn't even have a wire in the same slot as the diagram or a white/purple wire anywhere. Can someone tell me where this white/purple wire is supposed to end up (computer pin # or sensor)? I don't know what year EFI harness I've got, but do know it was slightly modified before I received it. I think I've got all the other wires figured out, but this white/purple one is killing me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Paul

[ December 08, 2004, 11:27 PM: Message edited by: PaulF ]

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
I'm not quite there yet. That part is scheduled for week after next.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ryan,

I can't see the picture right now, but it's not the connector I'm worried about. It's a white/purple wire I'm concerned with that doesn't seem to exist in my harness. The Ford instructions mention this wire and even show its location in the connector, but my used harness doesn't have a wire of that color combo or any wire at all in the same location in the connector. If I knew where this white/purple wire is supposed to go, then I can run the wire to complete whatever circuit it's for, or make an informed decision that it doesn't need to be there...maybe it's for the AC or something else I won't be running. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Paul

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.