Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I’ve read the threads here and the other forum about the PA titling procedure so I know the gist of it. A couple questions I had that aren’t really clear from those other threads. I have the car complete and the form and inspection already completed by my enhanced inspection mechanic.

1. PA wants you to include assembly instructions. Other threads say to summarize from the manual. Can anyone detail what they mean by that? I don’t want to include more than necessary but don’t want it so vague they kick it back.

2. I have the MCO from FFR, a copy of the salvage title from the “parts” car (Just the pedal box, rear housing, and fuel tank were used). And the necessary receipts for things like tires etc. I’m prepared to take all of this to the title and tag place. Do I write a check now for 6% sales tax on the total of kit plus parts? Or does everything get sent in and penndot gets back to me on total?

3. my inspection mechanic (good friend I’ve known 20 years) filled out the pertinent paperwork but has it listed as the FFR serial number as vin, with the assumption being PA will then use that as the vin when they create the title. On the sheet, there is a box that says “VIN to be issued by Penndot”. He does not have that checked. My guess is that since the Factory five serial number is only 12 digits, penndot should issue a vin as it should be 17 digits as all vins are for the last 40 years or so.

thank you for the input!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey, filed paperwork in PA a month ago (still waiting for registration though).

1. a lady from auto tags office suggested to just bring a copy of assembly manual table of content. What I did was I essentially copy pasted the ToC from the manual and then changed texts where appropriate to something like "We installed front rotors, spindles, hubs for front brakes", etc.
2. Cant comment, I had a complete kit and engine/transmission combo from Blueprint. I just brought invoices for both and it was sufficient. auto tag office verified my document, saw that I paid sales tax already for engine/trans combo, and then just calculated sales tax amount for the kit. just bring your checkbook, they will tell you the amount you need to add there.
3. this I don't know, will find out once I get the paperwork back. I had a feeling they might use a serial number. Autotags office verifies this stuff, just make sure that the office you go to knows how to process "specialty constructed vehicles"

good luck!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! Your answer to number 2 actually did give me the answer I was looking for wether you realized it or not haha. Was just trying to confirm that taxes are paid initially when paperwork is sent in. Thank you

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thank you! Your answer to number 2 actually did give me the answer I was looking for wether you realized it or not haha. Was just trying to confirm that taxes are paid initially when paperwork is sent in. Thank you
Mark Dougherty is in PA and helped me title my roadster as a "specialty construction." He may have some ideas.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got my registration about 2 weeks ago. The car is titled “specialty constructed”, VIN is FFR serial number.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts