Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Too Cheap to paint!
6,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for your input on these motors, as I have a possible deal on one.

GT-40 with aluminum heads, B303 cam, 9:1 comp.

I have had my donor motor from the beginning, and it's about done.

I'll put on my 600 DP, Edelbrock Performer, and Unilite ign.

How will it run? Top speed in 4th (for the track)

thanks!

·
Senior Charter Member
1,050 Posts
I had one in my last Cobra. My other 2 Cobras had donor motors. The gt40 crate motor is worth the price in my opinion. The performance difference between the gt40 and stock donor motor is night and day.
Buy it.

·
Charter Member
456 Posts
Dan thats what I have but with the Iron heads. I love it and with the supercharger it.... well you know the rest! See ya Saturday.

·
Shade Tree Mechanic
14,439 Posts
Chepsk8,
Mine is not street legal yet, but have been go-carting several times and I love the motor. The B303 is pretty cool too, do a search on my handle and first start or gocart and it should come up. BTW are you the guy in the latest Kit Car with the article on the clutch? If so that's pretty impressive. Beats the big bucks for a Wilwood setup.
SD

·
Charter Member
996 Posts
My engine has a little higher compression, and Edelbrock heads, but pretty similar otherwise. The B cam is a real attention getter with it's idle, and the car accelerates HARD once your above about 2500 rpm. I've driven other FFRs with doner engines. You'll feel a world of difference. With 3.55 gears, my car gets to about 125 mph in fourth gear.

·
Too Cheap to paint!
6,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the kudos on the article! That set-up is on it's third year, still going strong!
I'm waiting to see about the motor.

·
Premium Member
9,692 Posts
I wonder how the F cam would sound compared to the B cam? The B cam sounds great.

·
Senior Charter Member
1,486 Posts
I've got the 345-horse 302 with the B cam. After driving it a little over 1,000 miles, in my opinion, it's a great engine.

I like it better than my previous, custom built 331: It may or may not have as much power but it's cheaper, doesn't leak oil, burn oil, run hot, puke coolant, make really ugly sounds like the stroker did after 4,910 miles, and comes with a warranty.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts