Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of an inspection station in NJ that would understand the FFCars and do an inspection?
I woul also like to meet others FFCars owners.

Thanks,
Fred

·
Senior Charter Member
6,098 Posts
Fred,
If you are talking about the initial inspection to get it registered, there are only three places in all of NJ and they are not the regular station. They are, Morristown, Asbury Park and (I think) Camden. After you submit all your paperwork and the DMV says you are ready you will make an appointment with one of those three.

·
Husband/Father/Son
12,461 Posts
Fred,
If you are talking about the initial inspection to get it registered, there are only three places in all of NJ and they are not the regular station. They are, Morristown, Asbury Park and (I think) Camden. After you submit all your paperwork and the DMV says you are ready you will make an appointment with one of those three.
No he is buying a car already titled (not mine) and he is looking for a friendly local gas station type place to get it inspected.

Bill S.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I would be in the same boat - Buying a titled, used, finished roadster with a more modern title and need to find a friendly inspection garage.

Does anybody have a recommendation for the northern NJ area (Morris county or nearby) ?

I am looking at a cobra that is registered as a 2006 but has a '77 ford motor with no OBD port. How does that type of situation pass inspection?

·
Husband/Father/Son
12,461 Posts
I would be in the same boat - Buying a titled, used, finished roadster with a more modern title and need to find a friendly inspection garage.

Does anybody have a recommendation for the northern NJ area (Morris county or nearby) ?

I am looking at a cobra that is registered as a 2006 but has a '77 ford motor with no OBD port. How does that type of situation pass inspection?
D&M Auto repair in Rockaway, tell him I sent you.

Bill S.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Chris or Frank
I just spoke to them. He said that a kit car has to go to a special inspection at one of the state facilities now, even if it's already titled and built. This is a never-ending circle of bad news for me :scared:

·
Husband/Father/Son
12,461 Posts
I just spoke to them. He said that a kit car has to go to a special inspection at one of the state facilities now, even if it's already titled and built. This is a never-ending circle of bad news for me :scared:
Incorrect information, I just spoke with Brian, he is going to look into it when he is not busy....However, my take is that he does not know you and will not do it. perhaps Bill Karns can point you to someone local.

Bill S.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts