Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do hardware stores carry stainless steel tubing I can use as spacers for my overriders? I know a forum vendor sells them but I was wondering where else I might find them cheaper.

Thanks

·
Senior Charter Member
2,397 Posts
i went to a local industrial metal supply company and spent 7 bucks for more tubing than i need.

i couldn't find anyone else that carried SS Tubing. for the record, which forum vendor carries these spacers? i don't know which vendor does, and i'm guessing a lot of people don't either.

·
Registered
765 Posts
FinishLine does however they use a tube that has a bigger OD and ID then the stock FFR one that came with my kit.

Steve

·
Registered
5,905 Posts
I actually bought this from McMasterCarr.
89895K58
(Same as 89895K762)
Type 304 SS Smooth-Bore Seamless Tubing 3/4" OD, .51" ID, .12" Wall, 6' Length
In stock at $89.66 Each

Not the cheapest way to go but I wanted the heavier wall thickness to match what came on the Bethanian rear nudge bar. I cut the spacers off that they had welded to it because the length at the body side was staggered and I wasn't going to use spacers to make it right. The 3/4" OD actuall looks a lot better than the 5/8" OD that FFR supplies. Just my opinion.

[ March 11, 2007, 05:53 PM: Message edited by: convincor ]

·
1st RFM/FFR Legacy Winner
26,028 Posts
I bought 6 feet of 3/4" .035" wall thickness aluminumn tubing from onlinemetals.com. I cut it up, polsished the outslde, and made all the standoffs for about $20. The ID of that tubing just fits over the bosses inside the finishline overiders. The OD is perfect for the Finishling front rubber grommets.

Greg

·
Premium Member
9,698 Posts
On a related note, how far should I set the rear bumper from the body. I don't have the body a home now, so I can't measure it. I bought a length of stainless all thread to mount the Finishline over riders and bumper, just need to know how far it should be from the body. Thanks, John

·
FFCobra Fanatic
669 Posts
Andy, give me a call, I might just have some laying around the garage.

P.J.

·
Registered
5,905 Posts
J Persons, mine at the outer part that is closest to the body is 1" from the body. The center where the trunk handle is is 2-3/4" from the body.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.