Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
FFR Master Builder
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i have been letting the reciepts just pile up for month now with the fear of totaling them up. my original budget was 18500 without body work. my car is ready to be registered and i am very happy with the way it came out. there is not as much chrome and HP parts as some cars but i love it. heres some of the mods or extras i did
rebuilt engine
powerdeyne supercharger
30lb injectors
255lph fuel pump
fiero ebrake
us wheels series 94 rims
spinners from need for speed
BFGoodrich 235/60/15 and 275/50/15 tires
355 gears
autometer gauges
there is alot of other little things i did but just wanted to list the big things. my real expence will be when the car pulls into the Bat cave for body and paint. i went over budget by $912. i am very happy with what i spent for the power i get out of this engine. i didnt need to have 400HP or more. if i did have it i think it would be hard for me to drive here in Las Vegas. once i figure out how to post pictures i will get it on the forum

[ July 04, 2004, 09:33 PM: Message edited by: jammin1 ]

·
15,282 Posts
Very nice job -- congrats! My budget is somewhere along the lines of yours, and the build starts at the end of this week. I hope I can do as well as you!

Get some pics up! Happy 4th...

Cheers, John

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
Congrats! I applaud you for keeping pretty tight to the budget. Pics would be nice if you got 'em.

-SGC

·
FFR Master Builder
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i figured out how to post photos. i hope you injoy how they look. i am not ready to put this into the class of 2004 yet. would like to do that after paint and interior are done. going to drive this baby for the summer and enjoy it first.

·
15,282 Posts
Thanks for posting the pics! Looks like you've done some great work.

Cheers, John

·
8,356 Posts
Jam, I love it. Particularly your dash layout, gauge selection and color details in the engine compartment. Wow! I'm getting close, too.

·
Vendor
8,399 Posts
That "B" word, I don't seem to find it in my dictionary. It must be that I have G rated dictionary that has all the bad words taken out

Car looks great, I'm going by the bat cave sometime this week to check on my body.

·
FFR Master Builder
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yes on changing the bolts on the hood. put them in because i had them on hand. will be changing them out to stainless steel button head screw when i get a chance

·
Junior Charter Member
882 Posts
Im impressed that you stayed that close to b*#get! Looks great.

·
FFR Master Builder
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yes the intake has eastwood crinkle paint on it. the intake was in bad shape and polishing would have taken alot of work. i am going to change the intake in about 1 year and felt the crinkle paint was the best option for me. it turned out good and also did the valve covers.

·
Junior Charter Member
771 Posts
Jammin',

Nice work. I wish I could have stayed on-budget. Oh well, I guess I could have if I didn't want so much from the experience! Then again, my costs would be close to that if I don't count paint and Compomotive wheels (around $5K). Boy, I'd love to have a supercharger.

Humm, supercharger or Compomotives?

What color are you planning to paint it? What seats are those?

Marc

·
Junior Charter Member
771 Posts
Jammin',

Nice work. Smartly done! I wish I could have stayed on-budget. Oh well, I guess I could have if I didn't want so much from the experience! Then again, my costs would be close to that if I don't count paint and Compomotive wheels (around $5K). Boy, I'd love to have a supercharger.

Humm, supercharger or Compomotives? :confused:

What color are you planning to paint it? What seats are those?

Marc

·
FFR Master Builder
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
the seats are the vintage racing seats. i love the way you feel when you are siting in them. i think i will send the seats out and get them professionaly covered. as for paint i am going to go with a marron and silver strips.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts