1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Charter Member
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OUTSTANDING COBRA 4 Sale ** DRAMATIC PRICE DROP

"Large price Drop to sell immediately" NOW ASKING $49,000
Must sell the vehicle!

This is Bob Mac. My neighbor down the street is selling this Cobra. I have driven it and it is every thing and more than the attached write-up. Very Impressive vehicle!

Professionally built exquisitely crafted re-creation of the 427SC Cobra roadster. This Factory Five is presented in Custom Black polyurethane Epoxy based paint adorned with Champagne Fizz stripes, painted by Frank Gifford, Classic Illusions Palm City Florida. The drive train is a hand built new Iron Eagle block stroked to 427 cu inches, ceramic coated and magna fluxed providing 600+HP and 600 plus F-lb torque, normally aspirated engine utilizing a 1000 CFM Holley AED Carburetor. The engine is completely blue printed and balanced with a Rattler aluminum flywheel. A dual remote Franz oil filter system cleans the oil while an electric vacuum pump provides negative pressure in the oil pan for better lubrication and scavenging. The engine and vehicle is especially built and plumbed for Nitrous, with dual tanks installed in the trunk, however it is not currently connected to the manifold. Custom stainless steel ceramic coated headers feed 3” exhaust tubes to the mufflers. All the valves were upgraded to stainless steel in the Eldelbrock aluminum heads. The Rocker system is a Jessel, shaft dual ratio to give proper lift. Billet H Rods are utilized along with a forged Scat Crankshaft. Ignition is a Digital MSD 6L, rev limiter set to 8800RPM. A “Shift Lite” is mounted for easy viewing and set at 7500RPM. A custom aluminum 26 gallon fuel tank with Product Engineering pump and filter and bypass regulators feed the fuel. All of the fuel, oil, and water lines are stainless steel with Aeroquip fittings. A Ron Davis aluminum radiator and oil heat exchanger keep the engine cool. A CRS electric water pump circulates the flow, with dual radiator fans and manual override fan switch keeps the temperature under control. Engine functions are monitored by 5” Autometer gauges: oil pressure & Temp., oil vacuum negative pressure, water temperature, volts, fuel level, turn signals, and horn. A Currie Pro Street 9” rear with 3.5:1 gears and Pro Lock Posi-traction move the drive train forward from the Tremec TKO 600 5 speed transmission – road race gearing and Hurst shifter and Dual Friction clutch . The rear suspension is Gordon Levy’s 5 Link, tuned to his specs. Also utilized is tubular wishbone front suspension with Gordon levy’s Pro Bump Steer kit. Koni coil over shocks and double adjustable 4 wheel Wildwood disc brakes / pedal assembly and hydraulic clutch actuating system complete the front assembly. A Safe Craft Fire Extinguishing System is utilized in the engine compartment and cockpit for emergencies. There is also a battery cut-off switch. All this installed on a custom powder coated frame rolling along on Custom 17” Team 3 Wheels, 10” Rear P315/35R17 Nitto Extreme Radials with 9.5” Front P275/40ZR Nitto 555 Extreme ZR tires.
Florida title 1965 FFR RD
VIN F5R1005131RD
Over $70K invested
NOW Asking $49,000 updated 3-15-2013

Contact Scott @ 561-744-9971

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Very, very nice!

·
Registered
27 Posts
nitrous

cobra's dont need nitrous, all you need is to push harder with your right foot.

reaally nice build except for the death trap in the trunk. wouldnt take much of a hit to the rear to explode those babies

·
Banned
669 Posts
eBay

Bob,

Try putting the car on eBay, you will attract a different audience.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Nitrous is a compressed liquid oxidizer, it does not explosively decompress or explode in the traditional sense. It doesn't even function as a good oxidizer under normal combustion conditions, it requires high temp and pressure. Additionally all nitrous bottles are DOT tested. There is nothing dangerous about the set-up.

cobra's dont need nitrous, all you need is to push harder with your right foot.

reaally nice build except for the death trap in the trunk. wouldnt take much of a hit to the rear to explode those babies

Sent from my DROID3 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
I think movies like fast and the furious really mislead people. NOS!!!!! LOL.

This car is a steal at that price

·
Registered
122 Posts
Maybe not explosive?

Ok the nitrous may not be highly explosive, but getting slammed in the head with one of the bottles might leave mark!

·
Senior Charter Member
1,218 Posts
Ok the nitrous may not be highly explosive, but getting slammed in the head with one of the bottles might leave mark!
I think if any of us get slammed in the rear in one of these is in a serious world of hurt, bottles or not.

Very nice car

·
Builder
268 Posts
Hi Bob,
Maybe you should try a sale on eBay. Put a reserve on it and see what happens. I had great results last month with my car. Put up the eBay sale then post it in your forum ad as a link. Mine sold to a friend of a forum member. Whatever you do, only accept cash or a wire transfer. A lot of scams out there. Nice car! Good Luck.
John

·
Registered
34 Posts
Detail

As I am nearing completion of a complete rebuild of a Mark II i can now fully appreciate the attention to detail that has been put into this car. Nice Job!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts