Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
2,372 Posts
A friend had one here in Mass.I didn't make it through more than half the winter with snow and wind.Mich.has got to be the same or worse.

·
5,559 Posts
I agree with Shawn. Here in the NE, it's brutal on "temporary structures"! I've lost 2 of the portable 10' x 20' garages in the last 4 years, and those have 2" diameter steel tube frames! The only advantage the bubble would have is that it has such a round top, that snow might slide off without building up. In my case, I had my roadster body on the buck in the portable shelter when it collapsed one winter. We were in CA at the time, and when we got homeI found the body buried under twisted steel and a couple of tons of snow! :eek: All I can say is that I was glad it was a fiberglass car instead of steel, or it would have been a total loss...

Brian

·
Premium Member
18,144 Posts
Take a look at how structures and materials wear in your area, and then think about a heavy plastic tarp - which is what these bubbles are.

Here in CO, the winters are not that bad. We get a lot of sun, so snow doesn't build up like it did when I lived in NY. But the sun will eventually wear out the plastic.

I'm thinking about buying one, but only for occasional use. There will be times when I want to use my garage for other projects for a week or two. It would be handy to have someplace protected to park the Cobra.

But I would be concerned that the weather would damage the bubble. Or the fan would fail. Every mechanical object eventually fails; and what happens when the power fails?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts