Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The little sonovagun saw his shadow and sealed our doom for an extra 6 weeks of this [email protected]

I hear that Ground Hog tastes just like chicken!

·
Charter Member
1,103 Posts
I know what you mean. I was just up your way last week. Spent 3 days there.... that was enough. Got chilled to the bone in nothing flat. I guess I'm just not use to those temps with the negative numbers.
Robert

·
Premium Member
7,237 Posts
Originally posted by Big-Foot:

I hear that Ground Hog tastes just like chicken!
My stepfather and grandad used to pay us kids 25 cents a groundhog (we called them woodchucks) if we didn't gut-shoot them. They used to fry up the livers! :eek: Nothing like woodchuck livers, onions, and eggs for breakfast. :D I never did develop a taste for that delicacy.

·
3,760 Posts
When I was around 8 - 10 years old, I used to visit my Grandparent's farm in Blackduck, Minnesota (no Jeff, no CC, I'm not kidding, there is such a place) for several weeks every summer.

One of my jobs was to load up the .22 long rifle ammo and mercilessly hunt down all the woodchucks, which were constantly threatening the outbuildings with their gnawing.

Gawd. If I sent my son out at that age, alone with a rifle, I'd get arrested for negligence. How times change.

AJ

·
Premium Member
18,585 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts