Factory Five Racing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
So Senior, I can't Re-
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I first discovered the FFR site early last year, there was a cool looking Ferrari 250 replica proposed. Anyone know what is the status of this project?

Ted

·
Premium Member
12,393 Posts
The whole project is backordered.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
4,257 Posts
When Dave Smith did his last online Q and A, he talked about all new projects being "inspired by" or "similar to" and pretty much said that with the GT-V8, Mark II, Coupe and supercar, that the 250 is back burner....which also means that they won't have to fight with the F company. Sad, but true....I had wanted to build one of those from the day I went for my factory tour in 1999, shortly before picking up my Cobra (they were still called Cobra Replicas back then).

·
So Senior, I can't Re-
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess after the Shelby legal episode there's no sense baiting any mfg'r who still has claim to the design. I feel as long as it doesn't match the original exactly and you don't call it a replica, there shouldn't be a problem. It was a cool looking car.

ted

·
Registered
122 Posts
I was drooling over the prospect of a 250, too...

I'm surprised that CS didn't have the nerve to go after AC as well, who makes this:

This one's called a 302 CRS (EFI 5.0L V8, carbon-fiber body, sound familiar?) but they make others like a 289 MKII and a 427 MKIII with aluminum bodies.

Maybe I'm dumb, but I didn't even know they still did these in the UK...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.