Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok....decided to take a trip west in about six weeks....anything cool to see out in L.A.???...or do...or nearby...or within driving distance.....never been past vegas...will be there for five days i guess...thanks for input..as always...

·
3,760 Posts
You have my deepest and heartfelt sympathies!! :eek:

O.K. California guys, just kidding.

When my wife and I were there for a 48 hour stopover a few years ago, we both enjoyed a visit to Rodeo Drive. We tried to avoid the tourist stuff. We rented a car and did some exploring along the coast to the south of LA, there were some gorgeous views and neighborhoods to ogle.

If I were doing it right now, I'd search out the Peterson museum to see the cars. My wife wouldn't like it much I suspect... :rolleyes:

AJ

·
THRAMP-master
3,473 Posts
All kinds of stuff to do in CA. What are you looking for? Car stuff? Family stuff? Airplane stuff?

·
Super Moderator
29,562 Posts
Magic Mountain
Disneyland
Knott's
Petersen Automotive Museum
Fruits of Hollywood
My car

2FAST

·
Charter Member
423 Posts
My opinion,
Get out of LA and see the mountains and desert, take a cruise up Pacific Coast Highway (PCH). LA is fun but there is so much more to see geographicaly speaking...

Ron

·
2,372 Posts
Go south to San Diego area,Its great driving/viewing area. Or go North to Santa Barbara,I personally didn't care for L.A. itself but an hour or two in either direction makes a huge difference!

·
Premium Member
16,719 Posts
Last trip to LA...Got to the airport, got car, drove to hotel to check in. Checked in went to the hotel bar, 8 seconds later there was a woman sitting next to me telling me I looked stressed. Oh and how she could help me to get unstressed if I were to buy her a drink. I said no thanks. She ordered a drink and left. Damn hookers! I almost had to pay for the drink the bartender kept saying..Hey she was with you right? I had to tell the whole story to the hotel manager.
Cancelled my room and went uptown to the Mariott.

Nicer bar...better looking hookers! :eek: :D

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
THRAMP-master
3,473 Posts
Personally, I would advise against getting too close to 2FAST's car - that thing is possessed!
;)

All good ideas above. Hwy 1 north of LA has great scenery, as do 2 (Angeles Crest) and 18 (Big Bear) in the mountains to the east. 138 from I-5 to Big Bear will give you everything from desert to mountains. Petersen Museum is a must-see for car guys, and is located in an area with other museums and the La Brea Tar Pits. The Shelby exhibit runs through 28 March. Depending on when you're here, the poppies may be in bloom out around Lancaster - orange carpet in the desert, usually in April. Disneyland is the standard cliche, but too expensive for what you get IMO. Magic Mountain has better rides. The Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach is cool. If you want to head down toward San Diego (a nice area), the Wild Animal Park is worth seeing, and they have the Zoo, SD Auto Museum, and SD Aerospace Museum all in Balboa Park.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts