Factory Five Racing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Charter Member
85 Posts
John, I've been thinking about doing the same thing for a long time. I didn't think anyone else was as crazy as I am! Looks like we may have to fab the whole thing. Not sure how the front suspension would hold up.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
724 Posts
John, not near as crazy as it sounds. It makes a really nice installation, ends up pretty similar to an old Sunbeam Tiger.

It just so happens I'm helping a friend of mine stuff a 5.0 in a '91 Miata right now. His donor is an '89 GT. We're not using a kit, which are around $5 grand. His total investment donor and all will be about that much...not counting the Miata.

There are a ton of websites, and a couple offer kits. The easiest way to find them is to do a search on "monster miata" and go from there. Several sites will come up.

http://www.littlewood1.com is another good site. He's not using a kit, but gives excellent info on how to create your own.

Couple keys....several sites mention it, but some year 5.0's are better than others, due to orientation of some stuff. I think '91 is the best. Also, you need to watch which trans you use, stock 5 speeds have a 3.97 first gear, which is way too low. Try to find a 2.8-something from a World Class.

If you have any specific questions, let me know.

Good Luck! Al

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.