Factory Five Racing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Professional Internet Browser
9,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looked at a nice little Ford ranger today. Here is the scoop, I need you advice weather to buy or not.

It's an 84 with no rust at all on frame or body

Has a decently installed 302 with an edelbrock intake and carb

8.8 rear end

C4 tranny with shift kit

Manual brakes and steering

Bedliner and toolbox

Chrome Crager wheels

CD player

Everything works

1000 OBO, person said they will sell for 800 cash.

Should I get it? What is your gut feeling? It runs perfect and only has a little knock from one of the rockers I think. Only problem is the hacked together exhaust(custom headers and lotsa flex pipe) and the rear seal in the tranny is bad. It is 2wd. Mileage unknown, but believed to have 80k on the motor. Does not smoke at all. BTW, it looks stock and is not lowered, quite the sleeper. :D

·
FFCobra Fanatic
929 Posts
IF IF you can get it registered, I'd say its a good deal. I have an 84 Mazda B4000 4WD (same as Ranger) and its a reallllllly good truck. Just keeps truckin... Good Luck, Matt

·
FFCobra Fanatic
929 Posts
Never mind, mines a 94. My comments still hold onthe truck though.

·
Professional Internet Browser
9,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It can be registered and the best part, it passed emissions 6 times under the state limits. It has cats too.

·
12,654 Posts
Originally posted by Aaron SIlidker:
No way am I gonna part it out. It is so sweet. Fast and cheap. I think I am gonna buy it.
NOT MY POINT. Guess my point was, it should be hard to lose money on it.......even if you could not get it registered you could part it out and get your money (or more) back out of it.

Sounds like a neat little truck.

Sorry for not making my point better. :D :D

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Back in the olden days, there used to be a"good hundred dollar car". Safe, will run without great cost for a year or, at least, a season.
That 'kinda buggy now costs, at least, a thousand dollars.
Sounds like it might be a Five Hundred dollar car - you'll get a couple years then sell it for a Grand.
PS: You need somethin' when it rains! ;)

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Sounds like a hell of a lot of fun for, be tough to find that in my area for that price. Go for it!!

·
FFCobra Craftsman
767 Posts
I think similar to Earl...

Buy it. Worse case scenario, you sell it for parts if someone slams into you, making your money back.

Best case scenario, you paid $800 for a vehicle that you drive for 100k miles.

-steve in nj-

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.