Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so I go home last night all charged up about the possibility of riding in not 1 but 3 FFRs! I proceed to tell my g/f about my internet experience in the forum. She says, "Who are these people? It's dangerous to ride in a fast car with a stranger! Too many things can happen, that's nuts!" I see her point, to a point. I told her you guys are a good bunch and you all have families and are responsible (for the most part
). What a buzzkill. I thought she would think it's cool. What's a boy to do? :rolleyes:

Bill

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hehehehehehehehe! I think 2 classifies you in the same company as Bundy, Gasey, etc. Anyway, having lost touch with my gearhead buddies never gives me a chance to talk shop anymore. I love this forum. I feel like a school girl gushing about her first Justin Timberlake poster :D :D Anyone need help with a build?

Bill

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by Devin J:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />What's a boy to do?
Hmmm, rethink the girlfriend situation? :D </font>[/QUOTE]Honestly, she's great. Just worries about my safety a lot. We just bought a house together and don't plan on getting married (been there, both of us) or having kids. So what better situation could there be to spend my own inheritance on some toys? :D

Bill

·
\\\M3
2,299 Posts
Serial Squirrel Killer maybe. Its not my fault they keep sprinting out into the middle of the road!!!

Brendan

·
FFCobra Fanatic
394 Posts
Hey Bill, Don't trust the "nice guy" syndrome! Jeffery Dahmer (spelling) must have been a "nice guy". How do you suppose he got all of those guys to go into his home? Look what happenned to them. Your Friend, BenC

·
Junior Charter Member
882 Posts
Take her along for the ride! That's what i did for my first ride in an FFR (thanks Frank!). SHe got to go for a trip around the block too.

Now she is the one who cant wait for the car to get here.

·
Cobra Colorist
5,632 Posts
I suck the LIFE right outta them boxes...yep, serial killer...what? Mikei likes it!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good point, BenC. :D It's always the shy, quiet ones carrying heads in their bowling bags to work.
Brian,
That's a good idea. C'mon spring!
Steve,
I did read that thread a while back. I love hearing those stories. I want more!!! Is it possible to hijack my own thread? Enquiring minds want to know :eek:

Bill

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by j.miller:
I suck the LIFE right outta them boxes...yep, serial killer...what? Mikei likes it!
No way!! The winged one himself! Wasssuuuuuppp? I saw a pic of you in full bat regailia and fell of my desk chair laughing! Cereal, serial, it's all the same Caped Crusader!

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
As long as you don't mind my facial twitches and tendency to raise my finger and say "redrum...redrum..." over and over, you're safe. :D

Seriously,
We are all a family oriented and safe group. I don't think that anyone who takes you for a ride would be out to kill you. As for me, if you want to take a ride in my car, tell your girlfriend that my wife is 8 months pregnant (she's due March 14th) with our first child. So I have NO desire to kill myself or anyone else.

Steve

·
3,760 Posts
I'd give you a thoughtful and carefully worded answer to your question, but I'm being told that my time on the computer is up and I have to go back to my solitary confinement jail cell now. Something about not being trustworthy out in the general prison population, particularly if I haven't eaten lately.

These prison guards...no sense of humor at all. :confused:

AJ

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Originally posted by Klayfish:
As long as you don't mind my facial twitches and tendency to raise my finger and say "redrum...redrum..." over and over, you're safe. :D

Seriously,
We are all a family oriented and safe group. I don't think that anyone who takes you for a ride would be out to kill you. As for me, if you want to take a ride in my car, tell your girlfriend that my wife is 8 months pregnant (she's due March 14th) with our first child. So I have NO desire to kill myself or anyone else.

Steve
Congrats! Is her name going to be Shelby? j/k ;) I'm working on her. She likes the idea of me helping with a build though. OK, I'm volunteering now!

Bill

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Actually, we're having a boy. So he will be a future Cobra driver.

The funny thing is that before we knew if it was a boy or girl, we picked out names. The name we picked for a girl.... Shelby Renee. And that wasn't after 'ol Shelby himself, I'm not a fan of his. My wife actually picked it, and we like it.

Yes Bugs, it's my first, so I have no clue what I'm in for. :confused: I love your avatar. I'm a HUGE Looney Toons fan. 31 years old and still watch them whenever I can. My son will be sitting right there with me.

I can assure you I will take you for a safe, but fun ride Bill. What's the point of riding in one if you don't get to feel the power, but I won't do 100mph down a side street. FFR actually referrd several potential customers to me. What I did was take them to a road where the speed limit is 45mph. I come to a dead stop and give it a good ride up to about 50 or so, then back completely off. They pretty much get the point by then...
:eek:

Steve

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You guys are killing me!! No pun intended :D
Steve, OK! Sounds like a plan. I am assuming that's the ride in your avatar? Noyce! I misread your post about gender, sorry. Good luck with the baby and hope to meet up soon!

Bill

1 - 20 of 26 Posts