Factory Five Racing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Administrator,
879 Posts
REMINDER TO ALL MEMBERS

Everyone is encouraged to express their opinions, but they should be done in a respectful manner. Name calling and personal attacks should never be used.

Please, lets keep this forum fun.

Thank You,
Galt

·
Gruntled Member
264 Posts
Barry, I said that if the traffic flow is 13mph over the speed limit, it's probably safer to go 13 over too. However, like you said, that doesn't make it legal, so if you get a ticket for it, you should pay the fine. I've been picked out of a crowd in a sports car before, and it pisses me off, but if I'm caught breaking the law, I have no excuse. So, I don't think you a 'scofflaw', especially since you don't get tickets. The proof is in the pudding, as they say.

As for facts, we have one member trying to get out of a speeding ticket. He has arguments with how his speed was measured, but doesn't say how fast he was actually going. We have another member giving him advice on how to get out of tickets, and says he loves to drive fast. These are enough facts to conjure my outrage. There are appropriate places to drive fast, and a public street is not one of them.

We've already had a big hoopla over the shortening of the yellow light, and I don't buy the argument. I calculated before that at 40mph you'd have plenty of time to stop for 3 seconds of yellow. Over 40mph, 3 seconds isn't enough. I don't care who profits from it, and I do believe it increases public safety.

I appreciate your experienced comments.
Steve

·
FFCobra Fanatic
381 Posts
There is no black and white answer here. There are laws against speeding and laws against impeding the flow of trafic? Figure that one out! I mean how the hell do you do the speed limit on 285 around Atlanta? Even in the slow lane you would get killed by the speeding motorists. Get a ticket for speeding or get one for impeding the flow of trafic, you decide. I think the moral of the story here is use your best judgment. Learn more and teach your children more about driving than the dinky driving schools provide. and hold everyone accountable for their actions. That's the problem nowadays no one is held accountable! From high dollar officials making laws to suplement governments income to us breaking the laws by not acting responsibly, we should all be shot!

Anyway, on to my story. I got a driving to fast award once from a county police oficer. It was completly bogus. I told the officer very politly that it was bogus. His response was that I would either pay the fine or fight it but it would cost me half of a days work to fight it so either way it would cost me. When the officer has it out for you, it more than likely going to cost you no matter what. Good luck.

Chad

·
Registered
95 Posts
The only ticket Ive ever gotten was in
Nocodoches spelled right?, Texas for exiting at :confused: 45MPH on a :eek: 30Mph ramp in an empty Flatbed 18 wheeler, at 2:30 AM.
I went to court and begged for mercy... and it was granted. I had to pay the fine + $75.00 and a promis not to get another ticket in the state of Texas for 3 months, I didnt & no points were taken & it never showed up on my driving record.
If you dont beat the ticket some states offer a one day drivers school that when compleeted will erase the ticket from your record.
If the officer did shoot you with
LIDAR that ticket will be hard to beat even at 300 yards, its VERRY ACCURATE. If you are going to speed I suggest you try a "Prepaid Legal Service". I have been using this type of service since. It costs $.50 a day. Although, I havent had to use it since. Even if you don't have to use the service, it is a
tax deduction.
Good luck

·
Registered
87 Posts
What was the outcome to this "grilling" of the cop? LOL The two times I figured I would "grill" the cop I'm the one who got grilled and the fine was increased to the max. I found out if you waste their time with nonsense attempts to get out of the ticket they don't give you any breaks in the money dept....

·
Just Glad to be here - back to working on the car
1,633 Posts
Stop trying to "BEAT" the ticket. Just worry about what is "FAIR" to all involved. Were you speeding? If so worry about your future insurability. Do as several have suggested, and dress up pretty for the judge, talk nice to the DA, see if they will reduce it to a no point or non-moving low point violation. I have insurance with USAA and they do not count "defective vehicle" tickets of 0-2 point as moving violations and they have no effect on your rates or future insurability. Most major insurers have the same policy. It's all about give and take, give them a few bucks now and let the system have a partial win and you save your insurance record.
Even a differed judgement will work for you, if you can keep from getting another ticket for the specified time period.

Now for my pubilc gripe. I have no problem paying a fine if I did what they say I did. But I do have a problem with an insurance company raising the rate by as much as 40% for as long as 5 years because I got the ticket in the first place. My $100 ticket then turns into a $2500 insurance premium hike. That GRIPES me, and should you too.

PS: My last moving violation was in 1972 38mph in a 35mph zone, small town in east Texas, $227 (all I had) fine and I was on my way. Haven't been back since.

Best to all of you and remember: operate anything you drive like you would expect other to operate their vehicle.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.