Factory Five Racing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Just Glad to be here - back to working on the car
1,633 Posts
Stop trying to "BEAT" the ticket. Just worry about what is "FAIR" to all involved. Were you speeding? If so worry about your future insurability. Do as several have suggested, and dress up pretty for the judge, talk nice to the DA, see if they will reduce it to a no point or non-moving low point violation. I have insurance with USAA and they do not count "defective vehicle" tickets of 0-2 point as moving violations and they have no effect on your rates or future insurability. Most major insurers have the same policy. It's all about give and take, give them a few bucks now and let the system have a partial win and you save your insurance record.
Even a differed judgement will work for you, if you can keep from getting another ticket for the specified time period.

Now for my pubilc gripe. I have no problem paying a fine if I did what they say I did. But I do have a problem with an insurance company raising the rate by as much as 40% for as long as 5 years because I got the ticket in the first place. My $100 ticket then turns into a $2500 insurance premium hike. That GRIPES me, and should you too.

PS: My last moving violation was in 1972 38mph in a 35mph zone, small town in east Texas, $227 (all I had) fine and I was on my way. Haven't been back since.

Best to all of you and remember: operate anything you drive like you would expect other to operate their vehicle.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.