1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
29,466 Posts
DAMN!! That looks like my garage

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,854 Posts
OK Stang8 I will trade you my spotless laboratory of a garage for a messy one with a lift like that! Or I can come by and clean your garage for the price of the lift?

Two thoughts on cleaning up work area.. If it is your garage I think neatness is essential so you can work effectively..

If your working for someone else and it is there shop make the biggest mess with parts everywhere. A bit of job security. The last thing the boss wants to do is fire your ass when he has no idea what is where or what goes to what..

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got that lift this summer for $700. I had to build a phase convertor but that only cost about $150. The trained eye will also spot: belt sander, 2 bench grinders, drill press, bridgeport vertical mill, metal lathe, band saw, arc/tig welder, mig welder, cutting torches, parts washer, hydraulic press, engine stand, several floor jacks, tranny jack, and misc other items in there among 2 cars and lots of parts!

·
7,097 Posts
I saw three stang but no FFR! What's with that?

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,038 Posts
Actually the garage isn't bad. When you start putting that much stuff in only so big a space, well, look at the pictures.

How many square feet is your garage?

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,854 Posts
Stang8,

As you mentioned the milling machine is a great toy. I had a chance to get one out of a school that no longer had a shop program. It was $200 if I could move it. Forgetabout it was over a ton and in the middle of a basement in a highschool in NJ. i needed it in RI.. Riggers alone were $500.. I now use the one hee at work when I want to test to sheer strength of expensive milling bits crashing through metal because I got my 1's and zeros mixed up in the computer program...

your all set to start you FFR..... just need a second floor or a yard sale..

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
1,852 Posts
Gotta love the smell of cutting oil in the AM
TEC

·
Out-of-control teenager
835 Posts
I know who gets dead last in that contest of yours. John-my427s/c: The most organized and cleanest garage that I have ever seen.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts