Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
FFR Rookie Craftsman
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy Everybody,

I'm going to have surgery on my right shoulder to repair my AC joint. It's an old football/war wound that just keeps getting worst as time goes by.

Looks like I'm going to have to postpone my car plans for awhile. Luckly I have really good insurance at work (
yes, we're union!
), w/ short-term disability.

Wish me luck, Paul

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Paul:
Hope that all goes well with your shoulder surgery tomorow and that there are no complications. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Allan

·
Junior Charter Member
69 Posts
Been there done that.
I had both shoulders done,One six months after
the other.
Good luck and I hope you have a comfortable
easy chair. It's not bad, just alot of a$$ time.
Thoughts with you tomorrow
Darryl

·
Snake Charmer
3,464 Posts
With all the AC experts here I'd have thought you'd have been in good shape. :D

Most of us know which end of a screwdriver to use :rolleyes: and many of us are ok with power tools
CC can slip the odd AN bolt in there and you'll be firing on all 8.

If it went wrong the Bat can bondo and paint over the 'oops' - we'll slip you a
or
so you wouldn't mind .. to much ;)

·
FFR Rookie Craftsman
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Howdy Everybody,

Thanks for all the support.

I'm a combat vet that's been stabbed w/ a ice pick, cut 2X's w/ a butterfly knife, once w/ a big Rambo knife (7 stitches), and shot ( I was wearing a vest), plus alot of close calls. But, I have never had surgery before.

I have to be at the hospital at 5:30am CST. Yipee!!

Thanks everybody, Paul

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Paul,

I just wanted to add my well wishes and prayers for a successful operation for you.

I understand only too well what you are going through and know that the support and prayers you are receiving now will certainly help in a safe and speedy recovery.

Warm regards,

Terry

·
Cobra Colorist
5,632 Posts
w/ short-term disability.
OK, so now I'm confused...are you having your shoulder worked on ,or little Paul...and does everyone at your work suffer from this "SHORT TERM DISABILITY" HONSETLY, WITH AS MANY ADDS ON THE NET THAT FLOW THROUGH, NO ONE SHOULD SUFFER FROM....well, you know.

Man!, I was going to give you a trophy on Fri.
Hey Paul, if you thought the crap I was feeding you guys on the Fri.post was bad, just wait till you get some of that hospital grub.

Best of luck buddy. Just wanted to send you off with a smile :D . Use a felt pen and write "this one" on your right shoulder, and "not this one" on your left. ;)

·
2,372 Posts
Did mine last spring , Plan on sleeping upright for awhile. Get plenty of ice for your coolcast. Best of recovery!

·
Premium Member
16,719 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
2,970 Posts
What if they don't even look at the shoulders?

May want to mark other areas as "Don't touch".

Best of luck! If no contraindications...make sure you take some anti-inflammatory drug...it will reduce pain medication requirements.

Mark

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.