Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Sr FFR builder
5,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Benny, was only 7 years old and I had to put him down. Until 2 weeks ago, we were a childless household. Rather, our children were our 2 cocker spaniels. Although I love both of my dogs, Benny had the personality of a child. He touched the lives of everyone who met him and he will be sorely missed. he came down with chronic hepetitis in May and miraculously, through lots of care and prayer by half of my church, he made a nearly complete recovery. But this time he became chronically anemic and we had to say goodbye. I have had several dogs before in my life, but I had to say goodbye to the best I have ever known and a true friend. You will be missed.

·
Premium Member
16,719 Posts
Dan, I feel your pain buddy. When I lost my dog Cory, (Hence the Cory in Cobra Cory) I went into a state of severe depression. Your house just won't feel quite right for a while, and the other dog will know something is missing for a while too. But both you and the dog will adapt and time helps to heal alot of things too. So keep your head up. It took me quite a while to get another dog, I waited until it felt right to do so. Sorry for your loss man!

[ January 07, 2004, 09:06 AM: Message edited by: Cobra Cory ]

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
18,090 Posts
Dan - I feel your pain too... Our critters are part of our family. We have been privileged to have spent time with many and hope to see them again some day.
We truly believe that all our past critters are in heaven with waging tails and purrs just waiting for us..

You are in our prayers man..

·
Senior Charter Member
699 Posts
Sorry to hear about your loss, we had to say goodbye to Abby our 14yr old JR terrier. Probably one of the toughest things ever. Hang in there, and remember the good times.

·
Sr FFR builder
5,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. I read an article not too long ago at the Christian Research Institute. It was titled: Do pets go to heaven? After reading it I was comforted a bit. Although the bible does not say one way or another about this topic, it did quote a famous evangelist by saying "If God wants me to be happy in heaven, then my dog better be there with me!" I couldn't agree more. It will not be the same without him. I loved that dog more than I care for some of my family members. And I am sure I can get a witness to dat!

·
Cobra Colorist
5,632 Posts
Hey Dan, sorry for the loss. I also am a big time dog lover, have lost more then a few, each one has a special something about them that they give to you....He 's a good lookin fella, sittin on the step next to his suitcase, ready to take a ride into town with his head out the window, ears floppin in the wind, and his most bestest buddy Dan next to him driving the car ;)

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Dan:
Sorry to hear about the loss of your dog. Sometimes pets are like children and after having them for such a long period of time they do become an extended part of your family.

Allan

·
Premium Member
11,853 Posts
Boy does this thread bring back the memories of "don't take my collar" from the old old forum days. We all feel your pain. It will get better. Put some of the love lost to the new addition. In most cases pets become more family than some of the real family. To quote Disney (?) All dogs go to Heaven. Cheers Richard.

·
Junior Charter Member
118 Posts
Sorry about the loss, bro! I know exactly what you're going through, and not much can be said to help out, but it looks like the forum came as close as possible to expressing what we all feel in these times. Hang in there!
Chip

·
Charter Member
1,766 Posts
I had to put my Malamute Shasa down a few years ago and I still syop by her grave in the back of my barn just to say hi and that I miss her. I have another dog named Dakota that I love dearly but each dog is a unique personality and can never be replaced. I know your pain and I am sorry for your loss. Jeff

·
Snake Charmer
3,464 Posts
It always hurts and it will for a while. Remembering the good times helps. Our dogs (3) are part of the family. One (Chihuahua)loves to go for tides and he'll go sit on anything we've got out to take with us - to make sure we don't forget to take him. At 9lbs he's easy to take.

The other two (Catahoulas) will stand at the gate and glare at us as we leave if we have him with us. At 70lbs each they aren't so easy to take but they still love to ride. I think today we'll take them all somewhere.

Dogs are one of God's creatures and why would they be treated any differently from us? You will meet him again when it's time.

From a great breeder "May God help me become the person my dog thinks I am".

From your post you are.

·
Charter Member
760 Posts
Sorry to hear, always tough when you lose a loved pet.

Jeff

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
You are his life, his love, his leader.
He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

-Anonymous

·
1,033 Posts
Dan, our prayers go out to you. Loosing a special part of your family is very hard. Benny sounds like a real special dog.

I do believe animals have a special place in Heaven. The Rainbow Bridge poem speaks volumes.

The Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

I personally can't read this poem without tearing up.......

·
Registered
934 Posts
Dan,
So sorry to hear the news. We put down out dog when she was 14. My dad is a former Marine and currently a firefighter in LA - it was the first time I ever saw him cry. Actuallly, we were all a mess.

That was 8 years ago, they won't get another dog because they don't want to go thru that part again.

Try to keep your head up

Best Wishes to you and your family,
Jeff

·
Junior Charter Member
91 Posts
Dan, One month ago today, our 14 yr. old cat, Shelby passed away. Never, would I have thought it would have affected me so much. House still is not the same. She had a great life and I feel privledged to have been a part of it. My sincerest condolences. There are no words to make you feel better, only time can. Jeff

·
Premium Member
16,719 Posts
That was 8 years ago, they won't get another dog because they don't want to go thru that part again.

Just me again. Wanted to say something to Jeff about that. I fully iunderstand where they are coming from. But I don't agree whole heartedly with it. I knew that i would miss my dog and I knew it wasn't fair to him to get another dog until I had gotten him out of my... Well let go so to say. I think this will happens with Benny as well.

But then I went to Buddy dog with my now exwife and we saw our next dog. It was amazing I saw her and in like a second flat knew that she was my dog. So we did the paperwork and got TASHA out of that house of death. (That is really what it is)
Got her home and never regreted one second that I got another dog. So my moral is, If your heart and mind tell you it's good to get another dog. Give it a try. Take them to the pound and see how they react. I'll bet they take one home. As many of the dogs in the pound are in dire need of a loving family. One like your parents. Sometimes people who have a dog or cat are much less stressed out than those without. Maybe your parents just don't know that they need another dog?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts