Factory Five Racing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today is a day I will never forget. A charity had an event on the road course at Mosport today. It was to benefit families who have lost loved ones unexpectantly.

There were all kinds of cars that you could get 4-5 laps in at near race speed. All for $20. There were hand full of Porsches, 1 Viper, 1 Ferarri, Couple beamers(Z3, M5, 3 series), 1 GT2 series 98 Mustang, a couple Panoz Esperante driving school cars and a few other slow cars.

Line ups were kind of long but I was able to get a ride in a 911 that was striped down with quite a few racing upgrades. This Porsche was one for the faster cars at the track. I have never been in a car that could stop or accelarate soo quick. The lateral G force was unbelieveable, the track is so wild with all the elevation changes. I was blown away by how hard he could throw the car into the corner and make it stick. Especially turns 3!!

Also had a ride in a 928 Porsche street car that was no slouch either. Whata blast, the best $40 bucks I have ever spent.

I wanted a ride in the GT2 Stang but it was having problems and had to drop out. The driver claimed 160 MPH on the back staight. Damn that would have been great.

Can't wait to do my own hot laps around Mosport. Maybe next year.

Cheers, Chris

[ August 05, 2002, 10:26 PM: Message edited by: PUDDY ]

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.