Factory Five Racing Forum banner

OT - Get a shredder!

3K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  iloveraspy 
#1 ·
My wife and I have noticed something new around here: On garbage day (today) there are (and have been) people trolling the trash by the curb.

They drive up and go through the garbage looking for anything they can sell or perhaps personal information. They're not bums or homeless people, or even driving run down cars.

These same people could easily be picking up credit card reciepts or bills and could steal your identity.

My wife and I use a confetti shredder for any sensitive information we throw away (bills, credit card offers, etc.). Costco carries them..or use a a chiminea or something.

I don't live in a fancy neighborhood either.

:mad:

#2 ·
Absatively, posilutely. My wife and I have shredded EVERYTHING with any personal info AT ALL before it goes in the trash for several years. Even junk mail that could be intercepted to open up a new card in our names or something like that gets shredded.

We got our shredder for $20 at Price Costco about three years ago, it's just a little motor with a blade that sits on top of a wastebasket.

Where I live, my trash sits on the edge of my yard -- my property -- waiting for pickup. Anybody touches my trash, they're trespassing and as soon as they leave my property with any of my trash they're stealing. And I'm willing to prosecute to the full extent of the law. Call your local cops, they might be interested in the people trolling through your trash.

Sheesh. What is this world coming to anyhoo?

AJ

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.