Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Scalded Cat
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently listed and sold my first item on Ebay. After the auction closed I was sent an email notifying my of the buyer and his zip code and email. I tried to email him and it comes up as an undeliverable address. I tried for about 45 minutes to find on Ebay where I could email them to find out if they have his phone #. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do or how to contact ebay customer service to get further information?
Todd

·
4,494 Posts
Unfortunately, ebay makes it almost impossible to contact them or call them, I guess they would be buried with e-mails if they made it easy. Hopefully your bidder will contact you eventually via the ebay e-mail system. Good Luck

·
Premium Member
12,393 Posts
If you don't hear from your bidder in 3 or 4 days, I think Ebay will let you re-list the item at no charge. Also be sure to add negative feedback to the bidders account profile. Also, it could just be a problem with their email service, so keep trying. Ebay also provides a mechanism for you to send an invoice to the high bidder through the ebay system. Be sure to use that service.

·
1,589 Posts
I've sold a fair amount of stuff on eBay and sometimes it takes a day or two for the person to reply. If they have a decent feedback record you should be fine. If there is no contact in 3 business days you may want to relist. Also, with the Christmas coming many people are going out of town and may be away from email. Good luck.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
381 Posts
Ebay will also let you have the contact information for someone you are involved in a transaction with. I think if you click on the "site Map" link located on the top right hand side of any ebay page and in the center column is the links for requesting a final valuation fee and relisting an item. All you can do after you request the buyers contact info is call him and try to hold his feet to the fire but bottom line is if they don't want to complete the transaction they don't have to and Ebay will be of no help whatsoever. The most you can do is leave negative fedback after you give the guy enough time to be sure he has no intention of completing the sale but expect him to leave neg. feedback for you too, as ebay will not do anything about retailatory feedback so he is free to blast you even though you have done no wrong. Click here for the buyers contact info
contact info request Good luck and don't fret just relist it and hope for a better buyer the next go round.

Chad

[ December 20, 2002, 12:51 AM: Message edited by: c e coen ]

·
Scalded Cat
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I went ahead and completed my invoice to the buyer and I haven't seen a undeliverable reply pop up yet so maybe it went through to him. I'll give him a couple of days and see what happens. Then I'll relist and hope for the best. Thanks for the feedback. Too bad Ebay's customer service sucks!
Todd

1 - 6 of 6 Posts